Working with business is at the heart of what we do. From our inception, Warwick has always had strong connections with industry. The present is no different.
We apply our innovative, cutting-edge research to industry challenges, working with global corporates to SMEs and local start-ups. Our collaborations include:
- Providing training for young people not in education, employment or training with National Grid.
- Discovering crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions with Dow AgroSciences.
- Working with Waitrose to tackle global food security.
- Seeking solutions to some of the most important chronicdiseases worldwide with GE Healthcare.
- The building of the National Automotive Innovation Centre withpartners Jaguar Land Rover, Tata Motors European Technical Centre and WMG, at the University.
- Developing the world’s first ibuprofen pain relief patch and launching spin-out company Medherant based on our research and a productive relationship with Bostik.
We’re epitomising our approach to working with industry, as well as our commitment to supporting economic growth in our region, with the vision for the development of a new Innovation Campus at Wellesbourne. We’re creating a centre optimised for true collaborative working, with inspirational businesses invited to join us at the Campus to develop a suite of knowledge intensive activities.
Broadening our connections, Warwick Business School has opened a base at TheShard in London, making its world-renowned research and executive education even more accessible to the UK capital. Warwick Conferences has expanded its first-class conference and training venues by adding a new 650 sq m venue on campus. The University of Warwick Science Park has 130 tenant companies employing more than 2,900 staff, and provides facilities for start-ups and established companies. It also manages the Minerva Business Angel Network, and the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF)/Warwickshire County Council-supported Business Ready programme.
The National Automotive Innovation Centre (artist impression)
WBS at The Shard, London