How to get to the University by Bus
Local buses offer a frequent and convenient way of travelling to and from campus. There are regular bus services to the University campus from Coventry City Centre and Coventry Rail Station with the journey taking approximately 30 minutes.
National Express Coventry service number 12 runs from the city centre bus station (Pool Meadow) via Coventry Rail Station to the University Central Campus passing the Westwood campus en route. Service number 11 follows the same route but continues on from campus to Leamington Spa, via Kenilworth.
The Travel De Courcey 360a/360c route runs in a loop from and back to the University Hospital via Arena Tesco, Eastern Green, University of Warwick, Cannon Park, Cheylesmore, Jaguar Land Rover, Willenhall and Clifford Bridge Road.
- Number 360a/360c timetable
Stagecoach also provides a service that passes the University. The Stagecoach service X17 runs from the city centre, passing the junction of Gibbet Hill Road and Kenilworth Road. The entrance to the Gibbet Hill campus is about 5 minute's walk from this bus stop. The Central Campus can also be reached from this site by following the campus footpath, which takes about 10 mins. After reaching campus this service goes on to Kenilworth, Leamington Spa, Warwick Hospital and Warwick Town Centre.
- X17 timetable
As an alternative, Stagecoach service 16 runs directly from the city centre to the Central Campus. The service only runs once an hour, but travels on to Kenilworth, Leamington Spa, Warwick and Stratford-Upon-Avon.
- Number 16 timetable
If you are travelling from Leamington Spa, Stagecoach provides a dedicated frequent bus service, the Unibus (U1) that passes through campus. There is a second version of this route that passes through Kenilworth and is named the U2. For information on this service, please visit the Stagecoach website. This service also covers Coventry City Centre and Coventry Rail Station on Sundays and Public Bank Holidays.
- Unibus (U1 & U2) timetable
The Travel Coventry service number 11 also connects Leamington Spa and Kenilworth with the university campus and Coventry.
- Number 11 timetable
- Travel Coventry buses do not usually give change so make sure you have the correct money available before making your journey. You can find information about fares on the National Express Coventry website but it is best to check with the driver when you board the bus.
- Stagecoach buses do give change on the majority of their services.
- From Coventry Rail Station visitors should follow the signs to Warwick Road (a 2 minute walk) and from there catch the Travel Coventry services 11, 12, 16 or U17 (Sundays only), which travel onto the main campus - see above.
- If you are unsure about which service you require and you would like assistance - you can call Traveline on 0871 2002233 where staff will be able to assist with planning your journey.
- Details of timetables and other routes can be obtained from University House reception leaflet racks.
- If you're a wheelchair user Stagecoach recommend you contact them before travel to make sure the service you’d like to use is fully wheelchair accessible. Contact Stagecoach Warwickshire