Learn Chinese in Warwick, Visit China during the summer!
A fantastic opportunity to learn Mandarin Chinese intensively, and experience contemporary China and Chinese culture firsthand. Since the summer of 2008, students have thoroughly enjoyed it. Now it has established as a yearly sensation!
Language Centre's 2017 Chinese Summer Programme Application is open now and will end on 24 April, 2017.
Eligibility: Everyone learning Chinese in Warwick (both academic modules and Lifelong learning programme)
You are required to submit your feedback report online on the programme by 1 September, 2017.
Duration: 3 - 28 July, 2017
- Tuition: 3500 CNY per student
- Application fee: 350 CNY
- Accommodation (advance booking required): (140 CNY pppn for a single occupant with bathroom)
- Cultural tours: 600 CNY (e.g. the Great Wall, Peking Opera, Acrobatics and Kungfu shows, Places of Historical Interests)
- Extracurricular Chinese culture courses (optional):
- Chinese Cultural Experience - This course includes instruction and training in such subjects as calligraphy, Chinese painting, Chinese food cooking, Chinese music, and so on, allowing students to experience Chinese culture firsthand. Tuition Fee: ￥30 per class (two classes per week; four weeks =￥240).
- Chinese Kung-Fu - Tuition Fee: ￥30 per class (two classes per week; four weeks =￥240).
Those who get the place will be notified and pay the adiministration fee of £25 (non-refundable) to the Reception of the Language Centre on the acceptance of a place offer by 2pm Friday, 28 April, 2017.
Beijing Normal University can have pick-up from airport if there are five more students arriving at the same time. Students themselves need to book their own air tickets and apply visa by going to the Chinese Embassy website and following the procedures listed there.
Briefings will be provided at the end of May or later by Dr. Zhiyan Guo, who will email you to fix a time hopefully suitable for all participants. The basic procedures for the programme is here.
For more inquiries, please email email@example.com
Places will be limited. Good luck!
Within the University, the International Office runs an exchange programme with Renmin University, Beijing, China. Please see more details from the link: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/international/
Nationally, the Study China programme runs for three weeks with more financial support in August 2017. For more details, please click here.