Learn Chinese in Warwick, Visit China during the summer!
A fantastic opportunity to learn Mandarin Chinese intensively, and experience contemporary China and Chinese culture firsthand. Since the summer of 2008, students have thoroughly enjoyed it. Now it has established as a yearly sensation!
Language Centre's 2016 Chinese Summer Programme Application is open now and will end on 28 April, 2016.
Eligibility: Everyone learning Chinese in Warwick (both academic modules and Lifelong learning programme)
How to apply: if you are interested, please apply online. You can also read testimony, the 2014's schedule (Group A, and Group B) and other requirements for reference. The latest information from BNU.
You are required to submit your feedback report online on the programme by 15 September, 2016.
Duration: Group A: 4 - 31 July, 2016; Group B: 1- 28 August, 2016
- Tuition: 3500 CNY per student
- Application fee: 350 CNY
- Accommodation (advance booking required): 120 CNY pppn (unavailable in 2016 due to refurbishment, for two occupants sharing a double room with bathroom), 140 CNY pppn for a single occupant with bathroom)
- Cultural tours: 600 CNY (e.g. the Great Wall, Peking Opera, Acrobatics and Kungfu shows, Places of Historical Interests)
- Extracurricular Chinese culture courses (optional):
- Chinese Cultural Experience - This course includes instruction and training in such subjects as calligraphy, Chinese painting, Chinese food cooking, Chinese music, and so on, allowing students to experience Chinese culture firsthand. Tuition Fee: ￥30 per class (two classes per week; four weeks =￥240).
- Chinese Kung-Fu - Tuition Fee: ￥30 per class (two classes per week; four weeks =￥240).
Those who get the place will be notified and pay the adiministration fee of £25 to the Reception of the Language Centre on the acceptance of a place offer by 2pm Thursday, 5 May, 2016.
Beijing Normal University can have pick-up from airport if there are five more students arriving at the same time. Students themselves need to book their own air tickets and apply visa by going to the Chinese Embassy website and following the procedures listed there.
Briefings will be provided at the end of May or later by Dr. Zhiyan Guo, who will email you to fix a time hopefully suitable for all participants. The basic procedures for the programme is here.
For more inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places will be limited. Good luck!
Within the University, the International Office runs an exchange programme with Renmin University, Beijing, China. Please see more details from the link: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/international/