Some photos from the conference are now available on the downloads page. Next year's PCC will be a Royal Holloway, organized by Andrew McDowell.
The 22nd Postgraduate Combinatorial Conference will be held at the University of Warwick 15th-17th August 2012.
The Postgraduate Combinatorial Conference (PCC) is an established annual conference organised by, and for, current research students in all areas of combinatorial and discrete mathematics, under the auspices of the British Combinatorial Committee. The PCC is mainly aimed at UK-based students, but also open to those from abroad.
The aim of the conference is to allow research students to meet and discuss their research in a relaxed environment, to gain practice at presenting their research outside of their own department, and to meet pre-eminent researchers in their area. Each student is encouraged to contribute by giving a talk which will last 25 minutes (including 5 minutes question and answer time)
- Dr. Stefanie Gerke (Royal Holloway, University of London)
- Dr. Konrad Swanepoel (LSE)
- Prof. Andrew Thomason (Cambridge)
If you would like to give a contributed talk, please fill in the template and send it to pcc2012warwick at gmail dot com, along with details of what technology (OHP/Data projector) you require.
- Registration opens:
1st May 2012.
- Deadline for registration:
1st July 2012(registration is now closed)
- Deadline for sending talk abstracts:
15th July 2012
- Conference: 15th-17th August 2012
- The first 30 places will cost £30 (3 places remaining when this page was last updated). After that, the cost will rise to £80. This will include coffee breaks, 3 lunches and 2 dinners.
- Optional accommodation will cost £25 per night. This pays for a standard student room with shared bathroom facilities. An upgrade to an en-suite student room is available for an additional cost of £15 per night. (
N.B. There may be a very limited amount of incredibly cheap alternative accommodation available for students in the Warwick Maths Houses.Due to a lack of interest, maths houses are no longer available).
- We expect to be able to reimburse travel costs for participants, up to a maximum limit.
- Participants with children may wish to apply for a Childcare Support Grant from the LMS.
- If you wish cancel your registration, contact us before 25th July 2012 and we will issue a full refund. If you need to cancel after this date, contact us and we'll see what we can do.
- To contact the organizers, please email pcc2012warwick at gmail dot com
- Konrad Dabrowski, (Mathematics Institute & DIMAP)
- Christopher Purcell, (Mathematics Institute & DIMAP)
- Vadim Lozin, (Mathematics Institute & DIMAP), LMS Grant Applicant / Grant Holder
- Special thanks to Yvonne Carty (DIMAP coordinator) for her help in organizing the conference