Global People was established to research, develop and communicate resources to support intercultural effectiveness.
This section of the site offers:
- free pdf versions of material in the other sections (often with more detailed information) plus a series of detailed reportsand research papers. All of these documents can be found on the Global People Publications page;
- free pdf versions of research papers and materials from subsequent research and development projects undertaken by the Global People team;
- free pdf versions of presentations by members of the Global People team to UK and international conferences and symposia;
- order forms for hard copy versions of the Global People Toolbook and the Global People competency framework.
Additional resources are available on our Global PAD (Professional and Academic Development) website, in our Core Concept Compilation series. Topics to date are:
- What is Culture?
- Critical incidents
One of the key Global People documents is the THE GLOBAL PEOPLE TOOLBOOK: A Life Cycle Model for Intercultural Partnerships
. This Toolbook was developed for use by project and partnership teams and is designed to be a practical step-by-step guide to improving effectiveness in an intercultural collaboration. A free pdf version of the Toolbook is available from the Global People Publications
page.The hard copy of the Toolbook is available for purchase at 12 UK pounds per copy (including packing and postage). Please fill in the order form
on the site to get your copy.
1. About the Toolbook
2. Stage 1: Preparation (Main activities, case study, commentary, key tips)
3. Stage 2: Initiation (Main activities, case study, commentary, key tips)
4. Stage 3: Experimentation (Main activities, case study, commentary, key tips)
5. Stage 4: Consolidation (Main activities, case study, commentary, key tips)
6. Stage 5: Transfer (Main activities, case study, commentary, key tips)
7. The Competency Framework
8. The Learning Process in the Life Cycle Model
9. Using the Life Cycle Model in Practice
10. Resources Section: Tools to support each of the stages
To hear more information about the toolbook, play the following audio clip.
A hard copy of the GLOBAL PEOPLE COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK: Competencies for Effective Intercultural Interaction
is also available for purchase at 10 UK pounds per copy (including packing and postage. Please fill in the order form
on the site to get your copy. A free pdf version of the Competency Framework is available from the Global People Publications
We would like to know how useful our resources are to you and how we might improve them!
Global People also offers face-to-face support
on a commercial basis, in the form of presentations, workshops and competence training. If you would like to discuss working with Global People to build your intercultural effectiveness – or have any enquiries about the resources presented here – please contact us.
All materials on this website are the copyright of the Global People team. All rights reserved. No part of this website and its resources may be published without the prior written consent of the copyright holders. Any materials used for presentation or teaching purposes must give full acknowledgement to the copyright holders.