Material from this event, including video recordings of the keynote speeches and audio recordings of the workshop sessions, will be available shortly. Please check back soon.
This one-day event took place on Monday 6 April 2009 at Oxford Brookes University's Gipsy Lane Campus in Headington, Oxford, and showcased the Reinvention Centre space located there.
The keynote speakers were:
- Nicki Lee, Academic Director of Swinburne Professional Learning at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Ian Bentley, Emeritus Professor of Urban Design at Oxford Brookes University, UK
The aim of the Symposium was to explore new and innovative social learning spaces, and this year's theme was 'Learning Outside the Square'. The sub-themes that the symposium addressed were:
- innovative design: creating new/different teaching and learning opportunities
- building a learning community (within and beyond the university)
- the relationship between pedagogy and space
- virtual social learning space