Warwick Diabetes Research and Education User Group
- To attend 2-4 group meetings a year (where possible). To deal with the associated paper work of the group - read suggested research topics and review them as required before meetings
- At meetings, contribute to the discussion to ensure that the priorities reflect users priorities and to ensure that the final outcome reflects issues of concern to users.
- To have a broad interest in all aspects of the work of the user group and of the research and education teams.
- To be a mentor (if required) - The mentor system is for new user group members. New members will be offered a mentor. Experienced user group members may be asked to act as a mentor in the future.
- Conflicts of interest- declaration at beginning of the meeting about personal benefits if a course of action was agreed.
- If possible represent the User Group at other events
- Be aware that some items discussed during meetings are of a confidential nature and must be kept so
Representing WDREUG at other meetings
The User Group encourages members to attend other meetings and to spread the work of the User Group where appropriate. If you need to give a PowerPoint presentation, you can find one on Information for researchers, staff and students. This may be of help. Before you proceed, please contact either the facilitator or the secretary for details which can be found on the contact page.
Members may be approached to take part in other activities. Whilst this is not the main remit of the group please feel free to volunteer if you feel able to do so.