WMS seeks motivated students who possess the ability, willingness and commitment to academic and personal growth.
We accept honours degrees in any subject. You must achieve or be predicted a 2:1 or a 1st in your batchelor's undergraduate degree. International applicants must have equivalent qualifications and grades.
In addition to the above, we welcome candidates with Masters and/or PhDs. We do not take into account A levels or GCSEs.
Candidates with lower second class degrees and a doctoral qualification may be considered for entry to the
You must also take the United Kingdom Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) or if appropriate, the UKCATSEN (if you have a disability). UKCAT testing is available throughout the world and it is rare that we exempt candidates from this requirement.
We advise you to register for the test at the earliest available opportunity. This way, if you have a problem on the day eg ill health, you will be able to sit the test again before the deadline.
- For further details on the UKCAT, see the UKCAT website
- For details on how UKCAT results are factored into our decisions, please see our Selection Process
Your UCAS Personal Statement (see How to Apply) should include evidence of the following:
- Your motivation for studying medicine at this stage of your career
- Your experience of and capability for team work
- Your activities, interests and life outside of work or university
- An understanding of medicine and what it means to be a doctor
- Hands-on personal care (not of a relative)
"One of the biggest worries I had as a physics grad was whether I would be left behind by my peers who would have already had a broader range of knowledge than me.
The teaching of fundamentals for many modules makes this unlikely, and the extra support available in the molecules module was also very helpful."