Contact DetailsDepartment of Physics and Centre for Scientific Computing
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
+44 (0) 24765 74580
Dr Quigley is an EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellow in the Department of Physics. He was previously a fellow of the Science City Research Alliance, and a PDRA in the Department of Chemistry where he worked within a consortium on modelling the biological interface with materials. His research is in the area of computational condensed matter physics, particularly with regard to the structure, properties and growth mechanisms of organic solids and biomaterials. He is a member of the CCP5 executive committee, and of the Institute of Physics Computational Physics Group committee.
- Non-classical mechanisms of crystal nucleation and growth.
- Characterisation and understanding stability and disorder in biomaterials.
- Improved Monte-Carlo methods for mapping/tuning the phase behaviour of model organic solids.
- High performance computing and software development.
Potential PhD projects in these areas will be advertised via the Theory Group web pages.
- PX425/CY901: High Performance Computing.
- CY902N: Core Algorithms for High Performance Scientific Computing. Joint CSC/NAG training course funded by the HECToR computing service.