Medical Image Understanding and Analysis (MIUA) 2010
Welcome to the website for MIUA 2010. The conference will take place on 6-7 July 2010 at the University of Warwick, Coventry. Click here for more information about the venue.
Objectives and Topics
This will be the 14th annual technical meeting which follows the successful series begun in Oxford in 1997, with the most recent meetings being in Dundee (2008) and Kingston (2009).
The meetings are designed to provide a UK forum for the dissemination and discussion of research in medical image understanding and analysis, an expanding area in which significant advances are currently being made. It is an area notable for the range of research communities involved, and the meeting aims to encourage the growth and raise the profile of this multi-disciplinary field by bringing together the various communities:
- to present the state-of-the-art of UK research in medical image understanding and analysis (submissions from outside the UK are also welcome)
- to raise awareness of technical advances among potential users
- to encourage dialogue and discussion between workers from across the field
- from young researcher to established clinician or scientist
- from blue-sky research to practical application
- from university, hospital and commercial R&D
- to involve those from the range of technical and clinical disciplines involved in medical imaging, including:
|cardiac imaging||tissue perfusion|
|novel imaging methods||radiology|
|computer-aided radiology||magnetic resonance imaging|
|computer assisted surgery||positron emission imaging|
|image guided intervention||ultrasound|
- to highlight past and current successes in the transfer of image analysis systems to clinical practice and identify clinical needs of the future
- to encourage discussion of industrial opportunities and the challenges they raise
We are proud to announce the following key-note speakers at the 2010 MIUA conference.
- Dr Carl-Fredrik Westin, Director, Laboratory of Mathematics in Imaging (LMI) Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, USA.
- Dr Tim Nattkemper, Head of the Biodata Mining group, Bielefeld University, Germany.
- Dr Jean-Christophe Olivo-Marin, Head of the BioImage Analysis team, Institut Pasteur, France.
Instructions for Authors
The MIUA 2010 page on CMT is now open for submission of full (technical) papers and challenge abstracts. The deadline for submissions is 23:59 BST, Sunday the 4th of April.
- Technical Papers (5 pages) are solicited on any topic within the scope of the conference. Each paper will be evaluated by three reviewers.
- Challenge Abstracts (1 page) are also solicited. These should outline a challenge to the image analysis community from a clinical or end-user perspective. (Please see previous MIUA proceedings for examples of style and format.)
Authors are strongly recommended to use the LaTex author kit and submit PDF format files for their submissions. Submissions prepared with other text formatting tools (e.g. MS Word, Mac OS X Pages etc) should conform exactly to the required format (i.e. single column, 45 lines per page, paragraph width 13.5cm). All submissions should be in PDF only.
MIUA is adopting a double-blind reviewing system this year for technical papers (5 pages). Please follow anonymity guidelines provided in the sample paper. Challenge abstracts need not be anonymised.
Poster Presentation Format
For those authors presenting their papers as posters at conference, you are asked to make posters of size A0 in landscape format (1189 x 841 mm).
Podium Presentation Format
All podium talks are scheduled for 20 minutes + 5 minutes of questions. A high-quality data projector will be available in a tiered lecture theatre.
|Deadline for Receipt of Submissions||
April 4, 2010
|Notification of Acceptance/Rejection||May 10, 2010|
|Deadline for Final Camera-Ready copy||May 26, 2010|
|Early Registration Deadline||May 31, 2010|
|Meeting Dates||July 6-7, 2010|
- Online proceedings are now available!
- July 7, 2010: It's all over!
- June 30, 2010: Information about the banquet venue is available here.
- June 26, 2010: Information for delegates is available here.
- Travel directions added here for those traveling by air or rail.
- Posters for presentation should be in A0 landscape format.
- Outline programme available. List of accepted papers now given.
- Note that early-bird registration is 31st May.
- Camera ready papers are due by 26th May.
- Reviewing is complete and author notifications were sent 10th May.
- Submission deadline extended to 4th April.
- MIUA 2010 submissions open on CMT system.