The main publications of the DTU are Technical Releases, Working Papers, Externally reviewed publications and Research Notes. Most DTU publications are available here for download and hard copies of Working Papers are available free on request to the DTU. Technical Releases will also be sent free on request but only to addressees in developing countries.
The publications are listed by subject in six categories:
- Animal Traction
- Building Materials
- Humanitarian Landmine Clearance
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Water Lifting
- Other Research
Or can be browsed by publication type
- Technical Releases contain descriptions of designs/techniques for use by manufacturers, extension agents and users of equipment, written in fairly simple English to make them more accessible to technicians speaking other languages
- Working Papers are used for descriptions of research findings and are written for a "professional" audience: comments are welcome. In some cases revised versions are subsequently published in outside journals.
- Externaly reviewed publications have mainly been published in books, journal articals and conference proceedings. When available, we provide a link to the published document and where there is a cost for the publication and copywrite restrictions allow, a free copy of the final draft submitted before publication. Other externally reviewed publications available here are substantive Project Reports which have been presented to various sponsors of our work and post-graduate theses.
- Research Notes are smaller outputs from our research,progress reports of research undertaken by the DTU but as yet incomplete, case study material, and exceptional undergraduate research reports. Often these notes form the basis of fuller Working Paper. This section also contains