Professor of Fluid Dynamics
(view full publication list here)
D.A. Lockerby & J.M. Reese (2008) On the modelling of isothermal gas flows at the micro scale. J. Fluid Mech. 604, pp. 235-261. Preprint.
C.A. Duque-Daza, M.F. Baig, D.A. Lockerby, S.I. Chernyshenko & C. Davies (2012) Modelling turbulent skin-friction control using linearized Navier-Stokes equations. J. Fluid Mech. 702, pp. 403-414. Preprint
D.A. Lockerby, C.A. Duque-Daza, M.K. Borg & J.M. Reese (2013) Time-step coupling for hybrid simulations of multiscale flows. J. Comp. Phys. 237, pp 344-365. Preprint
M.K. Borg, D.A. Lockerby & J.M. Reese (2013) A multiscale method for micro/nano flows of high aspect ratio. J. Comp. Phys. 233, pp 400-413
A. Patronis and D.A. Lockerby (2014) Multiscale simulation of non-isothermal microchannel gas flows. J. Comp. Phys. 270, pp 532-543. (PDF - Open Access)
Research Projects and Grants
- EPSRC Programme Grant: "Nano-Engineered Flow Technologies: Simulation for Design across Scale and Phase" with Univ. Edinburgh and STFC Daresbury Laboratory. EP/N016602/1. FEC value: (£4.1M)
- EPSRC project: "The First Open-Source Software for Non-Continuum Flows in Engineering" EP/K038664/1, with Univ. Edinburgh and STFC Daresbury Laboratory. FEC value: ~£1.1m.
- EPSRC Programme Grant: "Non-equilibrium Fluid Dynamics for Micro/Nano Engineering Systems" EP/I011927/1, with Univ. Strathclyde and STFC Daresbury Laboratory. FEC value: £2.75m.
- EPSRC project (with Dstl): "Extended Continuum Models for Transient and Rarefied Hypersonic Aerothermodynamics" EP/F014201/1. FEC value: 78k (total project 506k)
- EPSRC project (with EADS and Airbus): "Investigation of alternative drag-reduction strategies in turbulent boundary layers by using wall forcing" (July 2009-June 2012) EP/G060215/1. FEC value: £535k (total project £1.1m)
- EPSRC project (with Airbus): "Scalable Wirelessly Interconnected Flow-control Technology (SWIFT)" (Dec 2008-Nov 2009). FEC value: £216k (total project 446k)
- EPSRC project (with Airbus): "Novel passive techniques for reducing skin-friction drag" EP/F004753/1 (Nov 2007-Oct 2008). FEC value: £228k.
- Daiwa Foundation Small Grant "Japanese/UK collaboration on micro-scale fluid dynamics", 2008 (£1,300)
- Nuffield Foundation project: "Simulation of Drag Reduction by the Use of Micro Devices" NAL/32662 (May 2005-Apr 2008). Value ~5k.
EPSRC Programme Grant website on: www.micronanoflows.ac.uk
And finally, for some fun: linking molecular dynamics to automatic music generation (youtube video)
School of Engineering
University of Warwick
CV4 7AL, UK
Phone: +44 (0)24 765 23132
Fax: +44 (0)24 76 418922