Professor of Fluid Dynamics
Selected Publications (full list here)
D.A. Lockerby, B. Collyer (2016) Fundamental solutions to moment equations for the simulation of microscale gas flows. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 806: 413-436. Preprint
D Stephenson, DA Lockerby (2016) A generalized optimization principle for asymmetric branching in fluidic networks. Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 472: 20160451. Preprint
DA Lockerby, A Patronis, MK Borg, JM Reese (2015) Asynchronous coupling of hybrid models for efficient simulation of multiscale systems. Journal of Computational Physics, 284: 261-272. Preprint
D.A. Lockerby & J.M. Reese (2008) On the modelling of isothermal gas flows at the micro scale. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 604, pp. 235-261. Preprint.
C.A. Duque-Daza, M.F. Baig, D.A. Lockerby, S.I. Chernyshenko & C. Davies (2012) Modelling turbulent skin-friction control using linearized Navier-Stokes equations. J. Fluid Mech. 702, pp. 403-414. Preprint
D.A. Lockerby, C.A. Duque-Daza, M.K. Borg & J.M. Reese (2013) Time-step coupling for hybrid simulations of multiscale flows. J. Comp. Phys. 237, pp 344-365. Preprint
M.K. Borg, D.A. Lockerby & J.M. Reese (2013) A multiscale method for micro/nano flows of high aspect ratio. J. Comp. Phys. 233, pp 400-413
A. Patronis and D.A. Lockerby (2014) Multiscale simulation of non-isothermal microchannel gas flows. J. Comp. Phys. 270, pp 532-543. (PDF - Open Access)
Research Projects and Grants
- EPSRC Programme Grant: "Nano-Engineered Flow Technologies: Simulation for Design across Scale and Phase" with Univ. Edinburgh and STFC Daresbury Laboratory. EP/N016602/1. FEC value: (£4.1M)
- EPSRC project: "The First Open-Source Software for Non-Continuum Flows in Engineering" EP/K038664/1, with Univ. Edinburgh and STFC Daresbury Laboratory. FEC value: ~£1.1m.
- Leverhulme Trust Research Project Grant: Skating on thin nanofilms: how liquid drops impact solids
- EPSRC Programme Grant: "Non-equilibrium Fluid Dynamics for Micro/Nano Engineering Systems" EP/I011927/1, with Univ. Strathclyde and STFC Daresbury Laboratory. FEC value: £2.75m.
- EPSRC project (with Dstl): "Extended Continuum Models for Transient and Rarefied Hypersonic Aerothermodynamics" EP/F014201/1. FEC value: 78k (total project 506k)
- EPSRC project (with EADS and Airbus): "Investigation of alternative drag-reduction strategies in turbulent boundary layers by using wall forcing" (July 2009-June 2012) EP/G060215/1. FEC value: £535k (total project £1.1m)
- EPSRC project (with Airbus): "Scalable Wirelessly Interconnected Flow-control Technology (SWIFT)" (Dec 2008-Nov 2009). FEC value: £216k (total project 446k)
- EPSRC project (with Airbus): "Novel passive techniques for reducing skin-friction drag" EP/F004753/1 (Nov 2007-Oct 2008). FEC value: £228k.
- Daiwa Foundation Small Grant "Japanese/UK collaboration on micro-scale fluid dynamics", 2008 (£1,300)
- Nuffield Foundation project: "Simulation of Drag Reduction by the Use of Micro Devices" NAL/32662 (May 2005-Apr 2008). Value ~5k.
EPSRC Programme Grant website on: www.micronanoflows.ac.uk
And finally, for some fun: linking molecular dynamics to automatic music generation (youtube video)
School of Engineering
University of Warwick
CV4 7AL, UK
Phone: +44 (0)24 765 23132
Fax: +44 (0)24 76 418922