Professor of Geotechnical Engineering
Head of the geotechnics group
Laurea (equivalent to MEng, Politecnico di Milano, It), MSc (Chalmers University, Sweden), PhD (Politecnico di Milano), CEng FICE FGS, Eur Ing
My current research lines are summarised in the following list:
- Slope stability,
- Discrete Element Method,
- Modelling of debris flows and landslides,
- Development of the DEM for non-spherical particles
PhD candidates are welcome to contact me to apply for a thesis in one of the mentioned areas or to propose their own research theme.
2014/2015 academic year:
- module leader for ES3B6 Geotechnical Engineering (30 credits)
- module leader for ES94W Geological Investigation and ground characterisation (15 credits) MSc in Tunnelling
- module leader for ES4D8 Advanced Geotechical Engineering (15 credits)
- ES327 Individual Project (30 credits)
- ES410 Group Project
- ES186 Engineering Skills
- October 2011 to present: Associate Professor in Civil Engineering at the University of Warwick.
- October 2008 to September 2011: Departmental Lecturer at University of Oxford and Tutor at St Anne's College .
- November 2006 to October 2008: Post-doctoral Research Fellow (grade 7) in the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (UK).
- May 2005 to October 2006: senior engineer at SnamReteGas (ENI group, national oil and gas company), San Donato Milanese (Italy)
- April 2004 to April 2005: technical office responsible at GL Locatelli Srl, Turate (Italy)
- March 2001 to April 2004: PhD student at Politecnico di Milano, Milano (Italy).
- 2004: PhD in Geotechnical Engineering, with distinction, Politecnico di Milano, Milano (Italy)
- 2001: M.Sc. in Structural Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Goteborg (Sweden)
- 2000: Laurea (MEng) in Civil Engineering (5 years degree), summa cum laude, Politecnico di Milano, Milano (Italy)
- Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers (FICE).
- Fellow of the Geological Society of London (FGS).
- Full Member of the Italian Order of Engineers.
- Member of the British Geotechnical Association.
- European Engineer, FEANI member.
Currently I am collaborating with:
- University of Oxford, (UK). I am visiting academic
- Politecnico di Milano, (Milano, Italy).
- Tongji University, (Shanghai, China). I am visiting academic