I am Costanza Benassi and I am a 3rd year PhD Student. Before my PhD, I earned a BSc in Physics and a 2-year MSc in Theoretical Physics at the University of Bologna, Italy. I am currently working under the supervision of Dr D Ueltschi.
My research area is Mathematical Physics, with a particular interest in lattice spin systems.
I usually work in B2.39, or you can email me at:
C (dot) Benassi (at) warwick (dot) ac (dot) uk
PUBLICATIONS AND PREPRINTS
- C. Benassi, J. Fröhlich, D. Ueltschi, Decay of correlations in 2D quantum systems with continuous symmetry. Ann. Henri Poincaré 18 (2017) 2831-2847, doi:10.1007/s00023-017-0571-4.
- C. Benassi, B. Lees, D. Ueltschi, Correlation inequalities for classical and quantum XY models. Advances in Quantum Mechanics, A. Michelangeli, G. Dell'Antonio (eds), Springer INdAM Series 18, 15-31, doi:10.1007/978-3-319-58904-6_2, (2017) arXiv:1611.06019 .
- C. Benassi, B. Lees, D. Ueltschi, Correlation inequalities for the quantum XY model. J. Stat. Phys. (2016) 164: 1157. doi:10.1007/s10955-016-1580-2.
TALKS AND POSTERS
- Quantum spin systems and phase transitions. Talk at the Mathematics Postgraduate Forum (June 2017, Lancaster University, UK).
- Classical spin systems and random loop models. Talk at the workshop Combinatorial Techniques in Analysis and Probability (June 2017, Lancaster University, UK).
- Decay of correlations in 2d systems. Talk at at the one-day conference Open Statistical Physics 2017 (March 2017, Open University, UK).
- Decay of correlations in 2d systems. Talk for the Analysis, Math-Phys, and Quantum weekly SISSA seminar (January 2017, SISSA, Italy).
- Decay of correlations in 2d systems with a focus on the Bose Hubbard model. Talk at the Laplacians, Random Walks, Bose Gas and Quantum Spin Systems Brainstorming Workshop (January 2017, University of Bristol, UK).
- Correlation inequalities for the quantum XY model. Invited speaker at the workshop Contemporary Trends in the Mathematics of Quantum Mechanics (July 2016, INdAM, Italy).
- Correlation inequalities for the quantum XY model. Poster at the conference Mathematical Many Body Theory and its Applications (June 2016, BCAM, Bilbao, Spain).
- Correlation inequalities for the quantum XY model. Talk at at the one-day conference Open Statistical Physics 2016 (April 2016, Open University, UK).
- Decay of correlations in 2d quantum systems. Talk at the workshop Mathematical Challanges in Quantum Mechanics (February 2016, Bressanone, Italy).