Dr Claudia Schillings
As of Octover 2016, I moved to the Humboldt-University of Berlin. Please visit my homepage there for more information.
Numerical Mathematics, Inverse Problems, PDE Constrained Optimization, Uncertainty Quantification, Optimization under Uncertainty.
- September 2014 - present Research Associate, University of Warwick - with Andrew Stuart, United Kingdom.
- April 2012 - August 2014 Research Associate, Seminar for Applied Mathematics - with Christoph Schwab, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- March 2007 - March 2012 Research Assistant, Universität Trier - with Volker Schulz, Germany.
- April 2011 Dr. rer. nat in Applied Mathematics, Universität Trier, Germany.
- March 2007 Diplom in Applied Mathematics, Universität Trier, Germany.
Donwload a more complete CV [ pdf]
- EQUIP Enabling Quantification of Uncertainty for Inverse Problems (2014 - )
- STAHDPDE Sparse Tensor Approximations of High-Dimensional and stochastic Partial Differential Equations (2012 - 2014)
- DGHPOPT Discontinuous Galerkin methods for robust aerodynamic design on high performance computer architectures (2010 - 2012)
- MUNAplus (2010 - 2012)
- MUNA Management and Minimization of Uncertainties in Numerical Aerodynamics (2007 - 2010)
- C. Schillings and A. M. Stuart, Analysis of the ensemble Kalman filter for inverse problems, arXiv:1602.02020v1, 2016.
- R. Hiptmair and L. Scarabosio and C. Schillings and Ch. Schwab, Large deformation shape uncertainty quantification in acoustic scattering, SAM Report, 2015-31, ETHZ, 2015.
- C. Schillings, M. Sunnåker, J. Stelling and Ch. Schwab, Efficient Characterization of Parametric Uncertainty of Complex (Bio)chemical Networks, PLOS Comp. Biol., 2015.
- C. Schillings and C. Schwab, Scaling limits in computational Bayesian inversion, SAM Report, 2014-26, ETHZ, 2014 (accepted for publication in M2AN).
- R. N. Gantner and C. Schillings and Ch. Schwab Binned Multilevel Monte Carlo for Bayesian Inverse Problems with Large Data, accepted (2014), Proc. Domain Decomposition Methods in Science and Engineering XXII, 2014.
- C. Schillings and C. Schwab, Sparsity in Bayesian inversion of parametric operator equations, Inverse Problems, 30(6), 2014.
- C. Schillings and V. Schulz. On the influence of robustness measures on shape optimization, Optimization and Engineering, 1–40, 2014.
- C. Schillings. A note on sparse, adaptive Smolyak quadratures for Bayesian inverse problems, Oberwolfach Report, 10(1):239–293, 2013.
- C. Schillings and C. Schwab. Sparse, adaptive Smolyak quadratures for Bayesian inverse problems, Inverse Problems 29(6), 2013.
- A. Litvinenko, D. Liu, C. Schillings and V. Schulz. Uncertainty quantification and treatment in aircraft design - comparison of approaches, 2013 (submitted).
- M. Hansen, C. Schillings, and C. Schwab. Sparse approximation algorithms for high dimensional parametric initial value problems, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on High Performance Scientific Computing 2012.
- V. Schulz and C. Schillings, Optimal aerodynamic design under uncertainty, Management and Minimisation of Uncertainties and Errors in Numerical Aerodynamics, B. Eisfeld, H. Barnewitz, W. Fritz, and F. Thiele, eds., Vol. 122 of Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013, pp. 297-338.
- C. Schillings, S. Schmidt and V. Schulz. Efficient shape optimization for certain and uncertain aerodynamic design, Computers and Fluids, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 78-87, 2011.
- C. Schillings and V. Schulz. Optimal aerodynamic design under uncertainties, (Editor: Tuncer, I.H.) ECCOMAS CFD & Optimization, ISBN 978-605-61427- 4-1, No. 2011-049, 2011.
- A. Borzi, V. Schulz, C. Schillings and G. von Winckel. On the treatment of distributed uncertainties in PDE-constrained optimization, GAMM-Mitteilungen, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 230-246, 2010.
- V. Schulz and C. Schillings. Optimal aerodynamic design under shape uncertainties, Trierer Forschungsbericht, 09-5, 2009 (submitted).
- V. Schulz and C. Schillings. Problem Formulations and Treatment of Uncertainties in Aerodynamic Design, AIAA Journal, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 646-654, 2009.
- C. Duelk and C. Schillings. Patent application on the topic of optimal control of a fuel cell component, 2006.
- C. Schillings. Optimal aerodynamic design under uncertainties, PhD Thesis, Universität Trier, 2011.
Upcoming Events and Conferences
- MCMC and particle methods: sampling, inference and stochastic approximation, ICMS Edinburgh, 5. -8. September 2016.
- Uncertainty Quantification Summer School 2016, Berlin, 12. - 16. September 2016. Exercises.pdf, Templates: Linear, Nonlinear
Lecture notes + solutions If you happen to find any typo, mathematical mistake, etc, please let me know!
- SIAM CSE 2017, Atlanta, USA, 27. Feb. - 3. Mar. 2017.