MA4H3 Interacting Particle Systems
Term 2, 2008/09
Lecturer: Stefan Grosskinsky
Lectures: Tue 3-4 in MS.03, Wed 1-2 in D1.07 and Thu 4-5 in B3.03
Please contact me by email so that we can arrange something!
Current suggestion: Wednesday, May 6th at 11am in D1.13, second meeting Wednesday, May 27th at 10am in D1.13
Exam: Saturday, May 30th at 9:30 in Westwood Games Hall
- New example sheet: ips_09_sheet2.pdf
- First example sheet: ips_09_sheet.pdf
- A preliminary version of the course notes: notes_ips_09.pdf
updated version (26.4.09): notes_ips_book.pdf
Pictures added and some errors corrected. Section 2.4 and the proof of Lemma 3.4 are NOT examinable!
- A copy of the course description: MA4H3.pdf
- An introduction to Markov chains is given in the first chapter of the course notes for CO905 - Stochastic processes: notes_co905.pdf
Changes in the timetable
- no lectures next week (17. to 19. Feb), will be replaced the week after by classes
- small change in lecture times from 21.01. (see above)
- Mon 2nd Feb and Tue 3rd Feb: MIR@W Day Aggregation, condensation and coagulation in particle systems
This fits exactly with the topics of the module and you are very welcome to attend. No lectures on Tuesday.
- Tue 17th to Thu 19th no lecture (we will arrange alternative dates closer to the time)
- T.M. Liggett: Stochastic Interacting Systems, Springer (1999)
T.M. Liggett: Interacting Particle Systems - An Introduction, ICTP Lecture Notes 17 (2004), http://publications.ictp.it/lns/vol17/vol17toc.html
L. Bertini et al: Stochastic interacting particle systems out of equilibrium, J. Stat. Mech. (2007) P07014, http://arxiv.org/abs/0705.1247