Close collaboration with leading partners in the academic, health and industrial sectors is central to the Mathematics for Real World Systems CDT. The CDT benefits from generous support from external collaborators in excess of £900k, taking the form of studentships, short and long-term internships in some of the UK's state-of-the-art medical and technological environments, and access to complex and novel real-world data sets from viral epidemiology to international finance.
The centre will train the next generation of researchers able to apply sophisticated mathematical and computational expertise to real world problems. Our active collaboration with external partners will generate significant opportunities for future employment in cutting-edge academic and industrial research environments.
- BT Innovation and Design: Wireless Research
- Cancer Research UK
- Jaguar Cars Ltd
- National Grid PLC
- The Pirbright Institute
- Polymaths Consulting Ltd
- Public Health England: Real-time Syndromic Surveillance Team
- Public Health England: Health Protection Services
- Public Health Wales
- Thales Research Technology UK Ltd
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust