Dr. Claire Foullon
Position: Senior Research Fellow - STFC Advanced Fellow in Heliophysics -
- Warwick-Monash joint PhD research in 'Dynamics of solar coronal eruptions' (starting Oct. 2013/Feb.2014)
- PhD project on 'Multi-spacecraft investigations of solar and heliospheric plasmas' (Oct. 2012)
Summer projects: No plans for 2013. For external opportunities, visit Space-at-Warwick network.
- 2012: STFC Advanced Summer School Lecture "Solar Wind and Heliosphere: Modern Research Frontiers"
- 2010: PX120 Electricity & Magnetism (weeks 6-10 year 2010-11)
Departmental Activities: Physics Pulse Champion.
- Wave phenomena and magnetism in astrophysical and space plasma
- Remote and in-situ multi-spacecraft data analysis of solar-terrestrial plasmas
- Space weather: theory and applications
In the News:
- Knowle Astronomical Society Meeting Lecture [Flowing from the Sun: Modern Views of Heliospheric Research] (2012)
- Research Staff Profile [Warwick Learning and Development Centre] (2011)
- STFC Advanced Fellowship [Warwick People] (2011)
- New images show cloud exploding from Sun ripples like clouds on Earth [Press Release] [UKSP Nugget] [Nature Physics Research Highlight] (2011)
- Kelvin-Helmholtz waves and the magnetosphere [Cluster Education and Public Outreach videos] (2010)
- Multi-spacecraft study of the Heliospheric Current Sheet [2008 Nuffield Foundation summer student Nick Wardle] (2009)
- RHESSI and quasi-periodic pulsations [RHESSI Science Nugget] (2005)
- Space weather and manned Mars mission [Press Release] [National Geographic News] [Astronomy Now, Oct. 2005 Issue, p.15] (2005)
- EU's Marie Curie Actions RTDinfo Testimonials [Research: a vocation], [Momentum to move], [Balancing the gender equation] (2003)
- Hinode Operation Plan (HOP): Long-term dynamics of prominences [HOP 183]
- Cluster Guest Investigator: Magnetopause Boundary Layer [AO]
- ISSI Team Leader: Flow-Driven Instabilities of the Sun-Earth System [ISSI]
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS) & Member of its Finance Committee.
- Member of the International Astronomical Union (IAU) & Affiliations
- European Geophysical Union (EGU): Outstanding Student Poster (OSP) coordinator Solar-Terrestrial Sciences.
- Member of the American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Alumna (external user), Mullard Space Science Laboratory, University College London
Dr. Claire Foullon
Centre for Fusion, Space and Astrophysics,
Department of Physics,
University of Warwick,
Coventry CV4 7AL,
Tel: +44(0)2476 151862
Fax: +44(0)2476 150897