Dr. Khurom Kiyani
Position: Research fellow
- Statistical analysis of plasma turbulence in the near earth ambient solar wind from multispacecraft observations.
- Investigating, quantifying and overcoming finite size effects in the scaling of non-Gaussian heavy-tailed stochastic processes.
- Statistical theory and analysis of turbulence
- Incompressible, homogeneous and isotropic fully developed turbulence -- the most quintessential unadulterated form of turbulence.
- Transition from kinetic to fluid (magnetohydrodynamic) descriptions of collisionless plasmas.
- Fractal and multifractal stochastic descriptions of intermittency.
- Statistical data analysis
- Scale-invariant stochastic processes.
- Stationarity testing and dealing with non-stationary signals.
- Wavelet methods; especially the Discrete Wavelet Transform and it's variants (Wavelet Packet and Undecimated/Stationary translation-invariant Wavelet Transforms).
- Non-equillibrium statistical physics
- Scaling & Renormalization Group (RG) methods.
- Cooperative & critical phenomena.
Dept. of Physics
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL