Chenlei is a statistician interested in developing new methods for analysing large complex data of high-dimensional, longitudinal, networked, and correlated nature.
He joined Warwick in 2013 as a Professor of Statistics. He received a bachelor's degree in mathematics from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) and PhD in statistics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
He co-directs the Oxford-Warwick Statistics Programme (OxWaSP), the EPSRC & MRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generational Statistical Science.
- Associate editor, the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B.
- Chair, the Research Section Committee of the Royal Statistical Society. Consider submitting your paper as a read paper to JRSS-B.
- Faculty fellow, the Alan Turing Institute for data science.
Office Hours in Term 1 AY 2016/2017: M 9:30-10:30, F 9:30-10:30. Please send an email for appointment in advance.
Students, Postdocs, Visitors, Collaborators:
- Enquiry about research collaboration or supervision is always welcome;
- He is recruiting talented PhD students. Potential applicants please get in touch;
- He is happy to host those who wish to apply for Open Research Fellowships or are externally funded, e.g. by the China Scholarship Council.