Professor Chenlei Leng (冷琛雷), Co-Director, OxWaSP CDT
Chenlei is a statistician interested in the methodology, theory, computation, and application of large complex data analysis. His recent research has been focused on analysing high-dimensional data, longitudinal data, network data, and other complex data.
He joined Warwick in 2013 as a Professor of Statistics. He received a bachelor's degree in mathematics from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) and PhD in statistics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA. He is an elected member of the International Statistical Institute.
He co-directs the Oxford-Warwick Statistics Programme (OxWaSP), the EPSRC & MRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generational Statistical Science.
- Associate editor, the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B.
- Chair, the Research Section Committee of the Royal Statistical Society. Consider submitting your paper as a read paper to JRSS-B.
- Organiser, CRiSM workshop on Large-scale Inference to take place on 25 & 26 Aug, 2016.
- Faculty fellow, the Alan Turing Institute for data science.
Office Hours in Term 1, AY 2016/2017: TBA.
Students, Postdocs, Visitors, Collaborators:
- Enquiry about research collaboration or supervision is welcome;
- Students with good theoretical background: Please get in touch for PhD projects;
- Postdocs: He is happy to host those who are interested in applying for Open Research Fellowships;
- He welcomes enquiry about research opportunities from those who are externally funded, e.g. by the China Scholarship Council.