Professor Chenlei Leng (冷琛雷), Co-Director, OxWaSP CDT
Chenlei is a statistician (a.k.a. data scientist) interested in the methodology, theory, computation, and application of large complex data analysis. His recent research interest has been focused on analysing high-dimensional data, longitudinal data, network data, and other complex data.
He joined Warwick in 2013 as a Professor of Statistics. He received a bachelor's degree in mathematics from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) and PhD in statistics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA. He is an elected member of the International Statistical Institute.
He co-directs the Oxford-Warwick Statistics Programme (OxWaSP), the EPSRC & MRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generational Statistical Science.
- Associate editor, the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B.
- Chair, the Research Section Committee of the Royal Statistical Society. Consider submitting your paper as a read paper to JRSS-B.
- Organiser, CRiSM workshop on Large-scale Inference to take place on 25 & 26 Aug, 2016.
- Faculty fellow, the Alan Turing Institute.
Office Hours in Term 3, AY 2015/2016: W 9:30-10:30, Th 9:30-10:30. Please also send an email for an appointment.
PhD Admissions: He is currently the PhD admissions tutor overseeing admissions in statistics. Dr. Vicky Henderson handles admissions in probability and stochastic finance. There are many funding opportunities (see also this link) for students.
Students, Postdocs, Visitors, Collaborators:
- Enquiry about research collaboration or supervision is welcome;
- Students with good theoretical background: Please get in touch for PhD projects;
- Postdocs: He is happy to host those who are interested in applying for Open Research Fellowships;
- He welcomes enquiry about research opportunities from those who are externally funded, e.g. by the China Scholarship Council.