Warwick Systems Biology Centre
Senate House, Room 330
University of Warwick
I am currently a Research Fellow working with Prof. Nigel Burroughs, Dr. Miriam Gifford and Dr. Sascha Ott as part of the BBSRC funded Nodulation project. I received my PhD in Mathematics jointly from the University of Leipzig and the Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, CAS under the supervision of Prof. Juergen Jost and Prof. Zhi-Ming Ma.
Short Curriculum Vitae
- Sep. 2000-Jul. 2004 Bachelor of Mathematics, Shandong University, China.
- Sep. 2004-Sep. 2006 Graduate student at Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, China.
- Oct. 2006-Oct. 2010 PhD student of MPG and CAS joint doctoral promotion program at IMPRS, Germany.
- Nov. 2010-Dec. 2010 Research Associate at Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Germany.
- Jan. 2011-Jun. 2011 Research Fellow at Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, UK.
- Since Jul. 2011 Research Fellow at Warwick Systems Biology Centre, University of Warwick, UK.
- Bayesian Statistics and Gene Network Inference;
- Stochastic Control Problems in Biological Systems;
- Branching Processes in Biology;
- Networks of the Internet.
- G. Feng, T. Y. Liu, Y. Wang, Y. Bao, Z. M. Ma, X. D. Zhang and W. Y. Ma. AggregateRank: bringing order to web sites. Proceedings of the 29th annual international ACM SIGIR conference (SIGIR 2006), pp. 75-82.
- Ying Bao, Guang Feng, Tie-Yan Liu, Zhi-Ming Ma, and Ying Wang. Ranking websites: a probabilistic view. Internet Mathematics, Volume 3 (2006), Issue 3.
- Ying Wang. Branching processes: optimization, variational characterization, and continuous approximation. PhD thesis, University of Leipzig, 2010.
- Ying Wang. Markov processes in Internet and biology. PhD thesis, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2011.
- Ying Wang. Parallel mutation-reproduction processes in random environments. Communications on Stochastic Analysis, Vol. 7, No.1 (2013), 113-123.
- Ying Wang. Variational characterization of multitype Galton-Watson branching processes. Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica (accepted).
- Juergen Jost and Ying Wang. Optimization and phenotype allocation. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 2013, DOI: 10.1007/s11538-013-9915-5.
- Ying Wang, Miriam L. Gifford and Nigel J. Burroughs. Regulator interference causes link under detection in causal networks. Submitted.
- Jianfeng Feng, Wenlian Lu and Ying Wang. Stochastic optimal controls of biological systems via Young measures. In preparation.