Warwick on Wheels
Welcome to Warwick on Wheels!
Warwick on Wheels is an interactive science exhibition funded by EPSRC and developed by the scientists and researchers at the University of Warwick.
The exhibition will showcase the very latest in research and innovation from the University of Warwick, featuring impressive displays in 3D technology and sustainability.
The project aims to get school children inspired by engineering and believes it is more important than ever to encourage potential stars in the field.
Warwick on Wheels showcased at The Gadget Show Live at Birmingham's NEC in April 2011, attracting a record attendance figure of 104,759 in total.
The event proved a phenomenal success, with both stands receiving a great deal of attention. The University of Warwick participated in the newly-extended Future Technology Zone, a select showcase of the more futuristic technology that industry professionals have to offer.
- The event increased the awareness and understanding of young people to the actions that can be taken to improve environmental sustainability.
- Young people and parents experienced some the cutting-edge ‘low-carbon’ related research taking place at the University of Warwick and WMG.
- There were several video features about the Warwick on Wheels projects, including Blue Peter, Computer Active, Open University and Gadget Web TV.
- The University of Warwick participated in a daily demos in the brand new HUB Theatre.
- The show has led to requests to feature the stands at future ‘low-carbon’ events in Bristol, Newcastle and Birmingham.
To learn more about our Materials & Sustainability Research go to www.warwicksustainablematerials.com
|What's on||Our Experts||FAQs||Warwick on Wheels Youtube Site|