Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation
Inaugurated in 1997, the Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR) is the largest academic centre in Europe dealing with this subject area. Directed by Professor Shaun Breslin, CSGR is part of Warwick's Department of Politics and International Studies (PAIS).
CSGR research provides a venue for new thinking on the relationship between the global and regional dimensions of political economy around, and ahead of, the contemporary policy debate. The Centre is committed to excellence in scholarship, but it also strives to be problem-solving in methodological orientation (more about our work and research).
The Centre concentrates on:
- change in the international political economy;
- issues of globalisation and regionalisation; and
- links between political economy and economic sociology, law, economics and organizational studies.
Our research emphasises:
- quality research through external networks such as GR:EEN, GARNET and AGORA;
- policy & civil society engagement through Warwick Commissions and BGD; and
- early-career development for European scholars of international political economy and international relations.