Welcome to Global PAD
Global PAD (Global Professional and Academic Development) is for professionals and higher education students and staff seeking to develop their skills for modern society. It is developed and maintained by staff in the Centre for Applied Linguistics at the University of Warwick, UK, and focuses on the following areas:
- academic English skills
- intercultural communication skills
- academic and workplace research skills
- teaching skills within the broad field of Applied Linguistics and ELT
Click on the relevant links on this page to gain access to our GoGlobal Resources for a globalising world, our self-access e-learning courses available for purchase, the e-courses you are enrolled on, and our range of open access resources.
Click My Courses to go directly to the e-courses you are enrolled on.
GoGlobal: Resources for a globalising world
- Develop Global Skills for the workplace through our blended learning Global TIES course (Training in Intercultural Effectiveness) for professionals.
Self-access e-learning courses
EASE (Essential Academic Skills in English) series:
- EASE: Listening to Lectures (training in understanding lectures and taking notes).
- EASE: Seminar Discussions (training in participating in small group discussions).
EASE Mailing List: To sign-up for EASE news updates click here.
Global PAD Resources
At Global PAD Open House you can benefit from our open access bank of resources in our four specialist skills areas: academic English; intercultural communication; academic and workplace research; teaching within the broad field of Applied Linguistics and ELT.
Some highlights include:
- Core concepts and tools for working across cultures
- Global People – for people needing to work across cultures
We are constantly seeking ways to add to our bank of open access resources and available courses for purchase. Please check back regularly to see what courses and resources have been added to Global PAD.