What is an IPGCE?
The University of Warwick’s IPGCE is a post-graduate qualification for educators designed with flexibility for international teachers wishing to add teaching to their academic qualifications.
The course will be completed in tandem with your teaching at school over 12 months. Apart from a one week intensive induction program, it is structured as a blend of on-line and face-to-face support and instruction. The course consists of three modules, one of which incorporates teaching practicum to be located in your school.
- Achieve a globally recognised teaching qualification that is taught, assessed and accredited by one of top universities in the United Kingdom
- Develop as a teaching professional while remaining in your country
- Improve your employability by developing a portfolio that demonstrates a wide range of professional competencies
- Work with world-class tutors and educators
- Develop a global approach to education
- Opportunity to progress to MA Education (International)
- Suitable for those working in Primary, Secondary or Post-Compulsory education sectors
- Appropriate for all curriculums (including IB, AP and the National Curriculum of England)
- The course is open to teachers of any nationality.
- The University of Warwick’s reputation amongst employers is rated as one of the top fifteen in the world. We are also consistently ranked as one of the top ten in the United Kingdom.
- The Centre for Professional Education is the University’s global service provider for high quality training and professional education. It has been awarded “Outstanding” provider status by the British government standard (OFSTED).