Professor Sayantan Ghosal
Phone: +44 (0)2476 523042
Fax: +44 (0)2476 523032
OFFICE HOURS: 12 noon - 1 pm Tuesdays and 11am-12 noon Fridays.
- Strategic foundations of General Equilibrium,
- Out-of-equilibrium Dynamics in Markets,
- Institutions and long-run growth,
- Moral hazard, Financial crises, Welfare
- Behavioral Welfare Economics,
- Deprivation and internal constraints,
- Political economy,
- Group formation,
- Global climate change policy.
- ESRC grant R000239216 “Moral hazard and financial Institutions” (with Marcus Miller, Jonathan Thomas and Lei Zhang), 2000-2005.
ESRC grant RES 156-25-0032 “Moral hazard, political economy and behavioural approaches in international finance” (with Emmanuel Kohlscheen and Lei Zhang), 2005-2008.
ESRC grant RES-167-25-0364 “Chronic poverty and aspirations failure”, 2008-2009.
Warwick IAS funded "Warwick South Asia Workshops", 2007-2008.
ESRC Research Seminar Series on Climate Change (with Andrew Sentance and John Whalley) 2008-2010.
ESRC Research Centre Grant Competitive ADvantage in the Global Economy (with N. Crafts) 2010-.
- EC 106, Introduction to Quantitative Economics (Undergraduate First Year)
- EC 941 Game Theory (MSc/PhD Option)
- Supervision of PhD students: 5 current PhD students; 10 past students.
Research Director, ESRC Center Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE)