Professor Myrna Wooders
Fax: 1 615-343-8495
Phone: 1 615 343 0461
Room: Department of Economics
Nashville, TN 37235
402 Calhoun Hall
[ Research Interests] [Journal Editorships] [Upcoming Workshops & Conferences][Research Projects] [Other Responsibilities] [Publications & Papers][Biographical Information] [Workshops & Conferences - Past]
Public economics, game theory and general equilibrium theory; Current research is on social conformity and exclusion/inclusion, environmental economics, tax competition, political economy and female competition
Founding Editor and Associate Editor of Economics Bulletin (EB). EB is a new electronic letters journal, with a distinguished international board of Associate Editors. EB welcome contributions in all areas of economics Click here for a recent article describing EB from the Royal Economic Society Newsletterand here for an article about the publication
Editor of the Journal of Public Economics Theory (JPET), published by Blackwell. The Association for Public Economic Theory (APET) is the association sponsoring JPET. APET sponsors an international conferences primarily focused on public economics and related topics.
Multijurisdictional Economies; Trade and Tax/Amenity Competition This research project is sponsored by the ESRC as part of its research programme Understanding the Evolving Macro Economy,directed by Mark Taylor.
Upcoming Workshops & Conferences
Other Responsibilities and Links
Director, Warwick Centre for Public Economics
Member: Royal Economics AssociationCommittee on Women
PhD Course Leader
Member: Graduate committee
Member: MIR@W Committee
Advisory Board: Institute of Health
Warwick representative in the Coalitions, Groups and Networks" Network
Networks and Farsighted Stability (with Frank Page and Samir Kamut), Journal of Economic Theory (to appear)
PET 06 Hanoi, sponsored by the National University of Economics of Vietnam
Coalition Theory Network, 11th workshop 19 - 21st January 2006
- Socio-Economic Dynamics
- PET 05 Marseilles, in conjunction with the Journées Louis-André Gérard-Varet and sponsored by GREQAM-IDEP & Université de la Méditerranée (Aix-Marseille II), was held in Marseilles, June 16 -18th, 2005. Watch here for updates and further information.
- Public Economics and Economic Theory, Rio de Janeiro. A small APET sponsored workshop on Public Economics and Economic Theory was held in Rio de Janeiro on December 14th, 2004. The organizing committee consisted of Paulo Monteiro (Chair), Mario Pascoa and Myrna Wooders. The focus was on public economic theory, externalities, and mechanism design. The tentative list of speakers included Carlos Herves, Mario Pascoa, and Ben Zissimos.
- PET 04 Beijing, sponsored by the University of Peking Guanghua School of Management, was held at the University of Peking August 25th-29th, 2004. The keynote speakers were Nobel Laureates James Heckman (University of Chicago), Dan McFadden (University of California -Berkeley), and James Mirrless (Oxford University).
- PET 03 chaired by Thomas Nechyba, was held at Duke University, June 12-15th, 2003. Plenary speakers included Peter Diamond, Hugo Sonnenschein and James Poterba.
- MIR@W Day, February 24,2003 on Culture, Evolution and Memes, featuring Susan Blackmore, author of The Meme Machine
- PET 02 International APET conference on public economics Paris 1 (Pantheon\Sorbonne) July4th-6th 2002 Some photos from PET 02! More photos. After it was all over!
- PhD Paris Jamboree - 22/23 March 2002
- European Science Foundation Workshop on Local Public Goods, Politics and Multijurisdictional Economies
- MIR@W DAY on Bargaining and Other Topics in Game Theory and Mathematical Economics, November 2001
- MIR@W DAY on Networks and Economics, May 2001
- Warwick Summer Workshop - 2001
- PET 2000 the Second International Conference of the Association for Public Economic Theory, APET, was held at Warwick University, July 20-23, 2000
- International Conference on Public Economic Theory - 1998