Telephone: +44 (0)24 765 23935 (Office)
Fax: +44 (0)24 765 23032 (Department)
Email: Christopher dot Doyle at warwick dot ac dot uk
Principal Teaching FellowObtained his PhD in game theory applications in Economics at Warwick in 1985 under the supervision of Kevin Roberts. Previously held research posts at Cambridge, London Business School and Warwick Business School and visiting posts at: LSE; Queen's, Canada; Charles University, Prague; and INSEAD, France. His work on access pricing with Mark Armstrong and John Vickers in the 1990s has been widely cited and his earlier work with Sweder van Wijnbergen on the taxation of multinationals was pioneering. In the late 1990s he left the LBS to take up a senior post in a leading economic consulting firm. He returned to full-time academia in 2005 at WBS before taking up his current post in the Department. He is currently writing a manuscript for publication in the field of applied game theory and strategy. He is a keen cyclist and enjoys music and travel.
Research & Consulting Interests
- Microeconomics (Regulation, Competition Policy, Applied Game Theory)
- Economics of radio spectrum management, including pricing, valuation and spectrum auctions
- EC202 Microeconomics 2 Compulsory core 2nd year u/g module (Module Leader)
- EC335 Managerial Economics Elective module for Warwick Business School & Humanities students (Module Leader)
- EC337 Industrial Economics 2 Optional 3rd year u/g module (Module Leader)
- EC345 Behavioural Economics Optional 3rd year u/g module with Eugenio Proto
I supervise both MSc and PhD students on topics related to my research interests. Currently I am writing about dishonesty and cheating.
Regrettably any request to connect via Linkedin received from a current Warwick student will be ignored until after your graduation