Telephone: +44 (0)24 765 23476
Email: O dot Moav at warwick dot ac dot uk
Office Hours: Term 1 - Tuesday and Thursday 3-4pm or by appointment
I will not hold office hours during terms 2 and 3
- Economic Growth and Development
News: my paper with Joram Mayshar and Zvika Neeman “Geography, Transparency and Institutions” is now forthcoming in the American Political Science Review.
The paper offers an explanation for State Institutions and Endogenous Property Rights
Presentation of a simple model explaining endogenous institutions, based on my paper with Joram Mayshar and Zvika Neeman, which you might find useful for teaching: Presentation, Handout, presentation of the full paper
Explaining Differences Between Regions in State Institutions
An article in the Washington Post about my paper with Joram Mayshar, Zvika Neeman, and Luigi Pascali: Cereals, Appropriability and Hierarchy, Presentation; A column on VOX CEPR's policy por; A post on Barcelona GSE Focus; A post in Mostly Economics; a post on naked capitalism; A post on War in Context; A post in A Economia no Seculo 21; A post on InsTED; An article in the Washington Post (reprinted by Tampa Bay Times); A column in the FT
View my publications.
- Mayshar, Joram, Moav, Omer, Neeman, Zvika, and Pascali, Luigi (2015) "Cereals, Appropriability and Hierarchy," CEPR Discussion Paper 10742.
- Mayshar, Joram, Moav, Omer, and Neeman, Zvika. (2013) "Geography, Transparency and Institutions", CEPR Discussion Paper 9625. (presentation);
- Mayshar, Joram, Moav, Omer, and Neeman, Zvika. (2011) “Transparency, Appropriability and the Early State”, CEPR Discussion Paper 8548
- Galor Oded and Moav Omer, "The Neolithic Origins of Contemporary Variations in Life Expectancy"; The research is described on: Evolving Economics, October 2013 and Gene Expression