Warwick Institute for Employment Research
The Warwick Institute for Employment Research was established by the University of Warwick in 1981. The IER is one of Europe's leading centres for research in the labour market field.
Its work includes comparative European research on employment and training as well as that focusing on the UK at national, regional and local level.
The IER is concerned principally with the development of scientific knowledge about the socioeconomic system rather than with the evolution and application of one particular discipline.
- basic and strategic research
- quantitative and qualitative methods
- labour market assessment and evaluation
- econometric modelling
- forecasting and scenario based research
- policy analysis and evaluation
- longitudinal data collection and analysis
- surveys of individuals, households and employers
- literature and evidence based reviews
- researcher-practitioner collaboration
- user participation
- advanced study programme