S1.52 (Social Sciences)
+44 (0)24 765 24633
Advice and Feedback Hours
Monday 1-2pm & Friday 1-2pm
Dr André Broome is Associate Professor of International Political Economy and Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Department of Politics and International Studies.
André edits the Global Reordering book series published by Palgrave Macmillan (with Shaun Breslin), and is convenor of the IMF Research Network based in the Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (with Manuela Moschella). In 2015 André is organizing the Warwick 50th Anniversary Conference on New Directions in International Political Economy (with James Brassett, Juanita Elias, Lena Rethel, and Ben Richardson).
A list of his publications is available here.
2008. PhD in Political Science and International Relations, Australian National University.
2004. MA (Distinction) in International Relations, Victoria University of Wellington.
2003. BA Honours (First Class) in International Relations, Victoria University of Wellington.
2002. BA in Political Science, Victoria University of Wellington.
2013–present. Associate Professor of International Political Economy, University of Warwick.
2011–2013. Principal Research Fellow, GR:EEN, University of Warwick.
2011–2012. Senior Lecturer in International Political Economy, University of Birmingham.
2007–2011. Lecturer in International Political Economy, University of Birmingham.
- International political economy
- Global economic governance
- International organizations
- Policy learning and transnational socialization
- The politics of economic ideas
RECENT GRANTS, FELLOWSHIPS, AND AWARDS
- 2013–2014. University of Warwick International Partnership Award (with Dr Joel Quirk, University of the Witwatersrand) on ‘Benchmarking in Global Governance’.
- 2011–2013. Principal Research Fellow, European Commission FP7, Global Re-ordering: Evolution through European Networks (GR:EEN), Work Package 1 - ‘European Actor-Networks in a Multi-Polar World’ (PI: Prof Leonard Seabrooke, Copenhagen Business School).
2012. University of Birmingham Founders’ Award: The Aston Webb Award for Outstanding Early-Career Academic. Awarded by the Vice-Chancellor, University of Birmingham.
- 2012. School of Government and Society Award for Outstanding Performance by an Early-Career Researcher, University of Birmingham.
- 2012. Conference Grant from the the British International Studies Association and the Department of Political Science and International Studies, University of Birmingham, to organize the 2012 BISA-International Political Economy Group Annual Conference on ‘The Future of Global Economic Governance’ (with Amin Samman).
TEACHING AND PHD SUPERVISION
COMPLETED PHD RESEARCH TOPICS
CURRENT PHD RESEARCH TOPICS