PAIS is delighted to confirm that as part of the Warwick-India Scholarships scheme, we are able to provide one full-fee scholarship to an Indian student entering an MA programme in PAIS in October 2016.
Eligibility & Deadlines
- Open to Indian applicants on all PAIS MA programmes, including the Warwick year on the Double Degrees (Warwick year only). Diploma candidates are not eligible for this award.
- Candidates must be regularly resident in India to qualify.
- Candidates must apply to the university and have paid their application fee no later no later than 30 April 2016. Please submit your application to the MA programme before submitting your scholarship application.
- Candidates must apply for the scholarship no later than 30 April 2016.
- All supporting documentation for the university application, including references, must be received no later than 14 May 2016.
- Successful candidates must obtain an offer from the university before taking up the award.
- Candidates may apply concurrently to other funding sources; however, successful candidates who receive major tuition funding elsewhere (eg, the Warwick International Office scholarship) will be disqualified.
Each application will be judged on the following merits:
- Outstanding academic performance
- Outstanding case for support
- Interesting and relevant individual attributes (eg, background, relevant work experience, extracurricular activities, etc)
- Quality of the application statement--is it concise, well-articulated, engaging, etc
Please note that this is not a needs-based scholarship, so your financial situation will not be taken into account.
The primary factor determining an application's success is the strength of the case for support. This case for support should demonstrate why you fit the above criteria as well as reflect your motivations for choosing to do a postgraduate degree in your specialisation. Your case for support should be no more than 800 words in length and should differ from the statement of purpose submitted with your application to the university.
The application forms are now available for download here. They should be completed and submitted via email to Melissa Venables no later 30 April 2016.
We aim to make a decision on applications within six weeks of the closing date. If you have not received the results of your application within seven weeks of the closing date, you may assume your application was not successful.