I am a Professor of Philosophy at the University of Warwick, specializing in political philosophy, moral philosophy, and social epistemology.
Before coming to Warwick in 2004, I taught at the University of Basel. Prior to that, I was a postdoc at the Harvard School of Public Health, where I worked with Sudhir Anand and Amartya Sen on a project on justice in health. In 2010/11, I held a Leverhulme Research Fellowship.
- Video of a public debate in Opatija (June 2016) on "Democracy or Decision-making by Experts"?
- Blog post at The Forum on "Democracy or Decision-making by Experts"?
- Podcast of panel discussion at LSE (April 2015): Is Politics based on Morality?
- Podcast interview (in German) about my article 'The Human Right to Political Participation'.
- Postcast interview about my book Democratic Legitimacy by Robert Talisse at New Books in Philosophy.
- Warwick PPE Programme
- Centre for Ethics, Law, and Public Affairs (CELPA)
- My Academia page
- My PhilPapers page
- My Google Scholar page
Email: f.peter at warwick
Office: Department of Philosophy, Social Sciences Building, S2.57
Advice and feedback in term 2, 2017: Thursdays 4 - 6pm. Please note: in week 8 of term 2, my office hour will be on Monday 3:30 - 4:30 pm and there will be no office hour on Thursday.