Tel: 024 765 24675
Advice and Feedback: Cath is on research leave in Term 1
Cath Lambert leads the Department's Culture, Media and Representation Research cluster. She is on research leave in Term 1, and in Term 2 will be co-ordinating the Department of Sociology's Seminar Series. She is a member of the steering group for the Warwick Creative Exchange.
Research and Teaching
Cath's teaching and research activities reflect her longstanding interest in education, and include the development of critical methods for researching, writing and teaching. Her work includes exciting projects and adventures in research, teaching, art, writing, performance, serious play and collaborations of different kinds. Cath also works in the areas of gender and sexuality. She is an active member of the Centre for the Study of Women and Gender (Warwick), a founder member of the Queer Theory Study Group (Warwick) and founder member of FAAB Educational Collective. She has published in the areas of school leadership and masculinity, gender and sexuality, higher education, research based learning, critical and participatory pedagogies and pedagogic art. She collaborates with the live art organisation Fierce Festival to explore the pedagogic value of live art ias well as with Vincent Dance Theatre and Birmingham based Theatre Company Stans Cafe. She is currently writing a book under contract with Routledge called The Sociology of Live Art and the Live Art of Sociology.
From January 2016 she will be teaching a second year undergraduate module Educational Inequalities, and together with Dr Maria do Mar Pereira, she will be convening a new interdisciplinary MA module called Ways of Knowing: Gender, Bodies, Power.
In 2009-2010 Cath was awarded a Warwick Award for Teaching Excellence (WATE)
- British Values Project with Stans Cafe
- Towards an Ethical Film Praxis (AHRC Digital Transformations in the Arts and Humanities)
- The Value of Live Art: experience, politics and affect Final AHRC report available here
- Gendered Knowledges: A radical exploration of interdisciplinarity
- Fierce Sense
- Reinvention: a Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Spaces and Stories of Higher Education
- The Idea of a University
- Sociologists Talking
- Students at Work: Learning to Labour in Higher Education: a documentary film
- 2008-2009 Education as a Human Right Junior Commissioners' Project (IGGY). URSS POSTER and FINAL REPORT
- Lambert, Cath (2013) 'Live Art as Urban Praxis: the political aesthetics of the city' Sociological Research Online 18 (3)
- Lambert, C (2012) 'Redistributing the Sensory: the Critical Pedagogy of Jacques Ranciere' Critical Studies in Education 53 (2), 211 - 227
- Lambert, C (2011) ‘Psycho classrooms: Teaching as a Work of Art’, Social and Cultural Geography, 12 (1): 27-46.
- Lambert, C. (2009) 'Pedagogies of participation in higher education: a case for research-based learning ' Pedagogy, Culture and Society 17 (3), 295 - 309
Radical Pedagogies; Gender in Higher Education; Popularity in Schools; Gender, Education and Social Exclusion in India; Critical Education in Korea; Educational Activism.; Feminist and Queer Theory.