The First International Conference on Organizational Learning, Knowledge and Capabilities
20-22 March 2006
University of Warwick, UK
- Professor Harry Scarbrough
- Professor Maxine Robertson
- Professor Jacky Swan
- Dr Davide Nicolini
- Mats Alvesson, Lund University, Sweden
- Rafael Andreu, IESE, Barcelona, Spain
- Paul Carlile, Boston University, USA
- Mary Crossan, Ivey School of Business, Ontario, Canada
- Robert DeFillippi, Suffolk University, Boston, USA
- Mark Easterby-Smith, Lancaster University, UK
- Amy Edmondson, Harvard Business School, USA
- Robert Galliers, Bentley College, Boston, USA
- Silvia Gherardi, Trento University, Italy
- Jean Hartley, Warwick Business School, UK
- Jennifer Howard-Grenville, Boston University, USA
- Gabrielle Lamoski, Melbourne University, Australia
- Lars Lindkvist, Linköping University, Sweden
- Bente Lowendahl, BI, Norway
- M Lynne Markus, Bentley College, Boston, USA
- Mette Monsted, Copenhagen University, Denmark
- Sue Newell, Bentley College, Boston, USA
- Fernando Olivera, Ivey School of Business, Ontario, Canada
- Wanda Orlikowski, MIT, Cambridge, USA
- Anders Ortenblad, Halmstad University, Sweden
- Lyndsay Rashman, Warwick Business School, UK
- Birgit Renzl, Innsbruck University, Austria
- Sandra Sieber, IESE, Barcelona, Spain
- Andrew Sturdy, Warwick Business School, UK
- Haridimos Tsoukas, ALBA, Greece & Warwick Business School, UK
- Russ Vince, Hull University, UK
- Georg Von Krogh, St Gallen, Switzerland
Te OLKC 2006 Programme includes two social events which will introduce delegates to the rich history of the local area. The city of Coventry, where Warwick University is located, evolved from a rumbustious centre for medieval craft guilds to being a major player in the world car industry, with famous marques such as Rover and Jaguar having a long association with the area.
Monday 20th March
14.00 -15.00 Welcome and Introduction
Opening keynote - Sidney Winter, Wharton School.
'Replicating organizational knowledge: From theory to practice'
18.00 - 20.30 Reception - St Mary's Guildhall in Coventry
Tuesday 21st March
12.00 - 13.00 Keynote presentation: Deborah Dougherty, Rutgers University.
'Trapped in the 20th Century? Why Models of OLKC Do Not Fit Bio-Pharmaceuticals (and What to Do About That)'
18.30 - late Conference Dinner - Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, Warwickshire
Wednesday 22nd March
14.45 - 16.00 Closing keynote: Yrjö Engeström, Helsinki University
'From stabilization knowledge to possibility knowledge in organizational learning'
Please click here for the OLKC 2006 Programme which includes conference streams and papers, session chairs and room location