Your award certificate is available in one of four ways:
- If you attend a Degree Congregation you will be presented with your certificate on stage;
- If you register to defer your ceremony to a future ceremony date, your certificate will be issued at the time of your chosen ceremony (it cannot be issued before this time);
- If you are not eligible to attend a degree ceremony, or choose to graduate in absentia, your certificate will be posted to you or can be collected from the Student Reception (please allow for up to 8 weeks posting from the ceremony/conferral). If you are to be awarded a sub-degree qualification (eg Postgraduate Diploma) and wish to collect your certificate, please use our Contact Us service to let us know that you wish to collect it, otherwise we will post it to your home address record;
- In a small number of cases, departments arrange local ceremonies for some sub-degree qualifications. In these cases, your certificate will be collected by your department and presented at that ceremony, or, posted out to you via the department;
- Occasionally, we make arrangements for the award certificate to be sent via the University's international representatives for onward distribution/collection. This applies to graduates of the IGDS programmes run by WMG.
Please note: if you choose to attend a Degree Congregation you cannot receive your certificate in advance of the ceremony. If you require proof that your award has been conferred by the Senate you may request a Certificate of Status letter from the Student Reception Team (you can apply online for this after the recommendation of the Board of Examiners has been approved by the University's Senate).
Payments for courier delivery (£20.00 GBP for UK deliveries or £40.00 GBP for overseas deliveries) can be made by:
- Completing the online payment form
- Visiting the Student Reception, Senate House, central campus
REPLACEMENTS AND AUTHORISED COPIES
We can also:
Provide a replacement copy of your certificate
Please note that the Awards & Ceremonies Team does not issue transcripts of study. You can request a copy of your transcript from the Examinations section. Where possible, transcripts for Taught Postgraduate degree qualification awards will be sent out with certificates. Should this not be possible, the Examinations Office will send it separately.