Is there a rule about how many credits make up a degree?
- a full-time year of undergraduate study is normally 120 credits
- an Honours degree is normally at least 360 credits
- a full-time year of postgraduate study is normally 180 credits, reflecting the 12-month length of most Masters courses
- a Masters degree is normally at least 180 credits
- a Postgraduate Certificate is normally 60 credits
- a Postgraduate Diploma is normally 120 credits
See the credit and CATS page of the course approval section of our website for full details, including how many of the credits must be at which level.