Application to Warwick Undergraduate Internship Programme (WUIP) 2017 is now closed.
If you have applied, please refer to the programme timetable on WUIP Key Information webpage for next steps.
If you are interested in WUIP 2018, please register your interest to receive notification when the programme is launched next March. Refer to quick links on right panel.
How do I apply?
For your applications to be considered you must first have completed the Register your interest form.
You should prepare your application based on the WUIP 2017 Application Form Template (this may take sometime to upload). All applications must be made through our online portal, myAdvantage, which will log you out after an hour – this puts you at risk of losing your application. To avoid this, you should only access the online application form when you are happy with the version you have prepared on the template and are ready to copy-and-paste it all onto the online myAdvantage form. Note: a few errors had occured in application forms when "auto-fill" was selected. Please re-read your application before pressing the SUBMIT button.
You should save a fresh version of the Word document for each application that you make, so that you can refer back to your application if invited for interview. You might want to prepare several applications first, then spend some time uploading them one at a time – be careful of that deadline!
Internship applications will be considered on a competitive basis. The form will ask you to demonstrate that you meet the person specification, understand the job description and show a genuine interest in the area of university administration that you are applying for. Candidates wishing to be considered for more than one internship (only a maximum of 3 internship vacancies per student) should submit a separate application for each internship.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 25 April at 10am. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted latest by Friday 5 May. Please be available to attend interviews which will take place either on Tuesday 9 May, Wednesday 10 May or Thursday 11 May. You may be asked to complete an additional task at interview. Details of this task will be shared nearer the time. You might want to check out the Higher Education resources on the key information webpage.You may apply to a maximum of 3 positions. It is recommended that a carefully considered, tailored application is submitted for each position. You may wish to apply in order of preference in case other commitments become a barrier to completing your applications (the order in which you apply for roles will not be apparent to recruiters). Further advice is available by clicking on Application Forms and CVs.
Advertised WUIP 2017 Internships, accessible from 8 April 2017 (search "WUIP" on myAdvantage) :
• Placements Practice & Process Intern, Placements Practice Group (via Chemistry)
• Postgraduate Student Experience Projects Intern, WMS, Postgraduate Taught and CPD programmes (PGT)
• Rankings Projects Intern, WBS, Executive Office: Rankings Team
• Digital Resource Technologist Intern, Academic Registrar's Office, Student Careers & Skills - ITS
• Widening Participation Digital Intern, Academic Registrar's Office, Widening Participation and Outreach
• Sustainable Accommodation Intern, Estates
• Sustainability Engagement Intern, Estates
• Research Impact Intern, Research & Impact Services
• Student Personalised Information Programme Intern, Strategic Programme Delivery
• Timetable Improvement Intern, Space Management and Timetabling
• International Data Intern, Office for Global Engagement/Strategic Planning and Analytics Office