Booking a Room with Us
Please click here to access our online booking form
Before you book please note that:
- The web room booking system (WRB) should be used purely for adhoc bookings only. Any bookings made via the adhoc booking system will not be carried over to the next academic year's timetable and will be deleted automatically. Any amendments to the teaching timetable must be requested via email/telephone to our section and not via the adhoc room booking system.
- No food or drink is allowed in Centrally Timetabled Rooms. If we suspect you of consuming food or drink in Centrally Timetabled Rooms we will be forced to take action, including withdrawing your booking rights.
- Terms and conditions of room usage must be adhered to at all times.
- If you wish to request a particular room, or building preference, or any general request, please specify this in the "Other information, reason for booking" section of the booking form (which is on page 3 of the online form). Whilst we aim at all times to allocate the room of your choice to you, we regret that sometimes this is not possible, as we operate a strictly "first come, first served policy" when processing adhoc bookings.
If you wish to put a reference on your booking, specify this in the "Meaningful Reference" section on page 3 of the online form (limit of 35 characters). This reference will then be viewable both in the comments section of the department report and activity list and on the room timetable report the booking is scheduled into (all reports available at Timetabling Reports Home).
- We require at least 1 clear working day's notice to process bookings. i.e if you wish to book a room on a Monday, you will have to submit the booking by 3pm on the previous Thursday. Dedicated as we are:- we do not work at weekends!
- The receipt of booking request email does in no way guarantee that there will be a room available for you to book.
- All student requests must be submitted via the adhoc booking system and students must give reason for booking on page 3 of the online form.
- Requests for student society bookings should be made by one designated representative per society (and have a deputy representative assigned in case of illness, etc), thereby eliminating numerous bookings made by different society members for the same event.
- If your booking is for a rehearsal (drama, music, dance etc) there are more suitable venues such as the Drama Hall, Dance Studio or departmental local space that you may be able to use by contacting the departmental secretaries (our rooms are purely teaching rooms). For contact details check this page. If you still need a room you should select the "suitable for performance" option from the suitabillities/facilities drop down list on the first page and also give information in the "other information, reason for booking" section on page 3, stating "performance room required"
- The individual who books the room must take a copy of the booking reference to the room with them in case of Security colleagues' room checks.
- See also University Reg. 29: Regulations covering Meetings etc. on University Premises.
Please click here to access Web Room Bookings
Please click here for adhoc booking FAQs
Please click here to see a list of alternative venues
- See also