News & Updates
The Guardian newspaper has today, Tuesday 3rd June 2014, once again ranked Warwick in the country's top 10 universities, ranking it at 9th overall in the UK (up one place from last year's Guardian table). Warwick is also ranked once again as the top university in the West Midlands.
From 1 July 2014 the amount of money Tier 4 applicants and their Dependants need to evidence towards maintenance costs will increase.
General safety tips
As we go into Summer and the weather warms up it is easy to forget to close windows and lock doors when you go out. The majority of thefts occur when doors and windows are left open. Always make sure you lock your room, even when just leaving it for a few minutes. You are also strongly advised to back up work on your laptop to another source.
· Your house or flat may have a shared entrance door. Always lock the door after you. Do not rely on your house mates – check who is the last to leave.
· Do not leave ID cards, cash cards, money, cheque books or keys lying around - do not put temptation in the way of people looking through windows and doors
· Never leave your room / house unlocked when you leave it - even if it is only for a short period of time. Make sure all windows are closed and locked, even upper floor windows
· Insure your personal belongings. There are many providers of possessions insurance, including the major banks and Endsleigh Insurance (if you are living in University Accommodation (excluding Staff & Family Housing) you will already have a certain level of cover on your belonging whilst in your room). Many students choose to extend their cover to include protection for their laptop etc outside of their room.
Warwick and Sun Yat-sen University have today signed a series of agreements, Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs), which strengthen Warwick’s relationships with leading Chinese institutions and provide new opportunities for students to study in China and become “ambassadors for UK-China relations”.
- If you have not been asked to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) as a condition of your offer of a place, you can ignore this message.
- If you have been asked to take a SELT as a condition of your offer and if you have not already taken and/or do not intend to take TOEFL, you can ignore this email. A full list of acceptable SELTS (such as IELTS, Pearsons, CPE) can be found via http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/language/
Both EU and international students at Warwick are invited to let us know if they would be interested in taking part in a focus group which will take place in University House on the morning of Friday 13th June.
This will be a highly valuable opportunity for students to speak directly to the UKVI about their experiences and thoughts for improving this important and sometimes challenging part of the international student experience.
On 1 April 2014, Home Office UK Visas & Immigration launched a new International Enquiry Service for visa applications made outside of the UK.
An official upate on the TOEFL position has been released from the Admissions Team. Please see this letter for more information.
Latest news Newer news Older news