- Set up a user code for an external guest user (only current members of staff can request this)
Get help with the computer that sits on your desk or travels with you, including buying a computer, setting it up, disposal and file storage. You can also report a faulty computer and borrow a laptop while yours is broken.
- Start a blog
- Work with our web design and review consultancy
- View and submit assignments using Tabula
- Manage assignments for a course, view extensions and overdue assignments using Tabula
- Create a short web address for your web site
- Use Files.Warwick to share and access files anywhere
- Create a web group to control access to your web site and forum
- Request help with Moodle
- Report a Moodle fault
- Request access to Moodle for external staff or visiting student
- Request an ad-hoc Moodle course
- Add manual environments into Moodle
View centrally timetabled rooms and their AV equipment or report faulty AV equipment. Staff and research postgraduate students can get help with filming and multimedia or record TV or radio programmes. Compare telephone, video and desktop conferencing.
- Book a technician to explain how to operate equipment
- Contact a technician in an emergency during a lecture
- Get a Webex account or arrange video conferencing demo
- Book a video conference
- Book a telephone conference
- Book temporary AV equipment for teaching rooms without equipment
- Record a digital audio (podcast)
- Request a lecture capture
- Borrow AV equipment
In March, we fixed 78% of all computer problems
within 1 day
In March, we fixed 80% of all computer problems
within 2 days
84The NPS survey score for ITS
The Help Desk survey result for March is an NPS score of 84// A score of +50 is considered excellent
We support over 800 servers on 40 hosts, with an average uptime over the last year of 99.995%
2,800 requests for and changes to desk telephones handled per year
60 million warwick.ac.uk page views in March 2016
130 The Managed Network Printing service roll-out has saved the equivalent of 130 trees, 2.1m sheets of paper, 60,000kg of CO2 and 21,500 m3 of water
70,000 requests, queries and faults are handled through our online Help Desk annually
6,300 average connections per day to the ResNet Wi-Fi network in the last 12 months
"… During my three years here at Warwick I have been impressed by the consistent and excellent quality of service from the ITS team, especially the IT training team, and have always recommended them to my peers. "
28,000 network ports on campus available consistently over 99.95% of the time
3,268 University members editing web pages on warwick.ac.uk on average each month during 2016
We can help you to create effective, usable websites by providing you with site designs, homepage layouts, copywriting, advice and support.
Campus VPN Service. (vpn.warwick.ac.uk)
UPDATE: Remedial work has been carried out and we no longer expect there to be any more issues with users connecting to the VPN. Later in the week a permanent fix will be put in place.
We have received some calls where users trying to connect to the service, are experiencing intermittent authentication problems when entering their password, forcing users to try multiple times before success. If this happens:
- Please continue and try to re-connect, and eventually you should succeed.
- Please log a call with the service desk, giving as much detail as possible.
We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and will publish further updates on this page, pending investigation, as to when we can have a fix in place. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience during this time.
We are aware of another phishing email being received by colleagues this morning.
The subject line is a string of characters with a description similar to - The transfer, recently initiated from your bank account, was rejected.
A link is included entitled Open the invoice, View the Receipt or similar.
Please delete this email if you have received it.
If you have clicked on the link attached, do not submit any details, otherwise please contact the IT Help Desk on 73737.
History of previous incidents and service outages.