Use a Twitter feed to embed your department's or project's most recent tweets in a web page.
- Browse to the page you want to add the Twitter feed to.
- Go to Edit > Edit centre content or Edit right content as appropriate.
- Place your the cursor in the page where you want to insert the Twitter feed.
- Select Insert a… > Twitter feed in the toolbar.
- In the Twitter feed box, enter the name of the Twitter account. It's the last part of the Twitter account URL after https://twitter.com/ For example, the University's account name at https://twitter.com/WarwickUni is WarwickUni.
- Specify the number of tweets to display.
Choose whether or not to display retweets.
Select the Insert button. Code similar to the following is added to your page:
[twitter-feed num=3 retweet=false]@warwickuni[/twitter-feed]
When you have finished editing your page, select the Publish button in the toolbar. You should see the most recent tweets embedded in your page similar to the following:
[twitter-feed] tag attributes
Retweets aren't shown in Twitter feeds by default. You can include retweets as follows:
You can display a plain text (unstyled) version of the Twitter feed – including links for hashtags, @mentions and URLs – and a customised title as follows:
[twitter-feed plaintext=true title='Your title']WarwickUni[/twitter-feed]
If your title contains an apostrophe then enclose it in double quotes:
[twitter-feed title="I'm using a long title"]WarwickUni[/twitter-feed]