Why work for Warwick Sport?
By 2020 we aim to make our University the most physically active campus in the UK, encouraging everyone to be active every day.
We are recruiting a Volleyball Officer for 2017/18
The national governing body of Volleyball England in conjunction with the University of Warwick are looking for a HEVO (Higher Education Volleyball Officer) to head up the student participation element of the volleyball programme at the university.
If you enjoy working with people and have good organisational skills then this could be the post for you. It is not a requirement that you play volleyball or be part of the club to apply for this position.
Some of the role requirements are:
· Attend a national HEVO training conference on 23rd and 24th September in Kettering, the National Volleyball Centre
· Attend a weekly volleyball session for recreational players (usually a Thursday evening for 2 hours)
· Meet and greet, take a register and ensure that all participants feel part of the session
· Liaise with Warwick Sport staff and members of the club who will assist you by coaching within the session
· Collate data and submit termly reports
· Deliver at least one mass participation event (there are already established events at the university)
For the 2016/17 season the University of Warwick had the most successful student participation in England, and we would like to continue this legacy and to develop and grow the volleyball programme.
A position which will aid your personal development and look great on the CV - the HEVO from last year was offered a Senior HEVO role at volleyball England for 2017/18.
Please see role description for further details and specifications of requirements for this position.
If you do have any further questions please email Lisa Infantino, Sports Development Co-ordinator, at email@example.com
Please return your completed application, by Wednesday 14th June, 11:59pm, to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Warwick Sport is looking to recruit Personal Trainers to work within our busy Gym facility. You will be given the opportunity to develop your own client base within our exceptional Gym facility on campus.
Our current membership base is both students, staff and external users. All Personal Trainers must be Level 3 qualified or higher and have their own public liability insurance. In return we offer a competitive hourly rate, all marketing materials and no monthly studio usage fee. Working on the gym floor, this is a fantastic opportunity to earn and develop a Personal Training client base.
If you are interested, please email: Rachel Riley-Rheeders on email@example.com for further information.
Casual and Part-Time
Sports Operations Assistants
The University of Warwick's premier sports facilities are run by Warwick Sport, we are at the heart of the campus enhancing student and staff experience, participation in active lifestyles, and assisting to build a communities.
This role is perfect for students who are looking for part time work during their studies.
Ideally you would hold an NPLQ, however we will also consider aplicants withouth the Lifeguarding qualification.
If you are interested in working for us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Activators are a workforce of special volunteers who encourage everyone to get active every day! As an activator you support casual, inclusive and beginner friendly sports and activity sessions on campus.
- Increase your employability skills and help make your CV stand out from others
- Help to shape the Warwick Active programme and University Sport as a whole
- Gain new skills and training
- Meet new people and keep active
- Make a difference to your University
If you're interested, please fill out the activatior Application form.
If you want more information, please email: email@example.com