What do we do?
The Referee Hub is a programme which aims to support, train and actively provide refereeing opportunities for student referees based at Warwick, as well as qualify those students who wish to become referees. In addition to regular training sessions, we allow our members access to local Referees’ Association services, as well as exclusive Birmingham FA CPD opportunities throughout the year. Referees can also officiate on our university leagues including BUCS and Intramural 11-a-side.
The Referee Hub continually supports its members through a variety of training sessions and development events, including:
- Discounted Basic Referee Courses.
- Training sessions, tutored by a qualified FA Level 2 Referee Tutor.
- Observation opportunities at local matches outside the university.
- Exclusive training alongside academy referees at Birmingham FA events.
- Access to Leamington RA events.
- Opportunities to mentor or be mentored by fellow student referees.
All of this plus much more is available to all members of the Referee Hub, which is free of charge to join.
- Referee Hub Enquries– Referee Hub Resource- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Nicholson, University Sports Engagement Officer– email@example.com
- Richard Watson, Birmingham CFA Referee and Safeguarding Officer - Richard.Watson@birminghamfa.com
- Martin Gittins, Leamington RA Chairman – firstname.lastname@example.org