Can you reach the top?
Welcome to the Bear Rock Indoor Climbing Centre. We have 11 to 14 metre high walls and a bouldering room, both of which are located within the Sports Centre.
New: 6 Month Memberships
Competent Climbers can gain access to our facilities from £7 per person, per session.
If you've never set foot inside our Climbing Centre before, have a look at our virtual tour.
One to One Coaching
Looking for some individual guidance to help improve your climb? Look no further.
Our climbing instructors can give you one to one coaching for development of movement skills.
A typical session would be £45 for one hour. Longer sessions can also be booked at this rate.
Individual schools can book one off taster sessions or groups of lessons utilising NICAS if required.
Our friendly and dedicated instructors run regular indoor and outdoor courses, and there is something suitable for all abilities from a complete beginner to the experienced climber.
We are flexible on the dates of courses so if you are interested in taking a course please provide your availability.
Courses need minimum 2 people to go ahead, except the outdoors course which can be run for 1 person.
The normal format is a 1 hour session per week over 4 weeks. The cost is £37 (or one WLA Voucher for staff).
- Mondays, 18:00 - 19:00 | Starts 16th January
- Wednesdays, 14:00 - 15:00 | Starts 18th January
- Fridays, 18:00 - 19:00 | Starts 20th January
When enquiring about our courses with the climbing team, please let us know what type of course you'd like to do and what your previous experience of sports climbing is.
Please note these courses are only for members of staff and students at the University Of Warwick. Inductions are provided for members of the public.
We currently offer multi-functional outdoor trips for both Adults and Bear Cubs and an instructor can be hired by individuals for an outdoor day for £180 (or 3 WLA Vouchers for staff).
New to Climbing?
Have you always wanted to give climbing a go but never got round to it? The thrill of the climb is not to be missed.
If you're a new climber why not try one of our introductory sessions to get you up to speed and enjoying the climb.
Our friendly instructors will have you comfortable with the climbing wall in no time.
Choose the introductory session suitable for you.
Never climbed on an indoor wall before and want to try it then this is the course for you.
- Suitable to adults and children.
- If you would like more information about group prices, please contact the Climbing department.
Learn to use the wall independent of an instructor.
- Suitable for adults and costs £90 pp based on 2 people for 2 hours (staff can also pay using two WLA Vouchers)
- For a group of 3 people we can run a session for £135 for 3 hours (all inclusive)
- Pass this course in the 2 hours and receive your green card to let you use the Climbing Centre independently
Our children’s club runs at weekends and cost £44 per month per child (or £41 by direct debit).
The sessions last 2 hours on Saturday or Sunday.
- Beginners 09:00 to 11:00
- Intermediates 11:00 to 13:00
- Advanced 13:00 to 15:00.
It is possible to work through NICAS at this time.
Our next Bear Rock Holiday Camps are now open for bookings with dates available from 20th February to 24th February 2017.
- Camp days are run on weekdays from Monday to Friday, starting at 9am - finishing at 12pm, and costing £20 per child per session
- We welcome children 8 years or over to join the Camp for any number of days
- Our Camp Cubs learn climbing skills to help conquer the rock, gain confidence and generally enjoy hanging out with new friends
- We recommend holiday campers bring a drink with them to the wall
These are normally 2 hour sessions for 8 year olds and above.
A typical cost for a party for 10 children for 2 hours is £210 (all inclusive)
NEW! Bear Cubs Family Days Out
We now have outdoor climbing days for Bear Cubs and their families. These days out are a great way for Bear Cubs to get used to climbing outdoors, developing those real world outdoor climbing skills, and it’s a fun day out for all the family to join in too, even for the inexperienced climber.
Running for one weekend each month from April to September 2017, dates coming soon.
The days will also follow the BROCAS (Bear Rock Outdoor Climbing Award Scheme).
Cost per day, per person is:
- £49 for Bear Cub Members, and family members associated with a Bear Cub
- or £60 for Non-Bear Cub Members and family members
Q: What should I wear?
Something comfortable which allows plenty of movement
Q: What do I need to bring?
We recommend you bring something to drink, although we do have vending machines at the facility.
Q: What equipment is provided?
All of our organised sessions include all equipment in the pricing climbing shoes, harnesses, belays and helmets (for children).
For "Pay & Play" and "Gold: Climbing" members we have equipment available for hire.
Warwick Staff - WLA Vouchers
University Staff can use free WLA Vouchers to pay courses.
How does this work?
- One (5 unit) voucher will cover the cost of our indoor courses, however a minimum of two people need to book for the course to go ahead
- For outdoor courses you will need three vouchers
- No change can be given when redeeming you voucher
- Please note only one course can be booked per voucher
- To book on to a course please bring your voucher in person to the Sports Centre Reception