Warwick-China Scholarship Council
Joint PhD Scholarships for Chinese Students
The University of Warwick is pleased to be able to offer up to 6 joint PhD scholarships in collaboration with China Scholarship Council (CSC). These scholarships are available to encourage exceptionally qualified Chinese nationals to study their PhD Degree at the University of Warwick.
How to Apply
- There are two stages to the application. First you should apply to Warwick before 9th January, then you apply to CSC.
- You must have received either an unconditional PhD offer letter from Warwick or a conditional offer where the only condition is completion of your degree before you apply to the China Scholarship Council. Students must apply to CSC in March
- Full details on how to apply to research programmes at the University of Warwick can be found in this link
- Full details of how to apply to the CSC can be obtained from the China Scholarship Council website
- Candidates will be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application to the award
- Candidates should hold an unconditional offer letter from University of Warwick for a full-time research programme of study. They must therefore fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by University of Warwick including a high level of English language proficiency
- It is very important that candidates complete their English language test as soon as possible as this will be a condition of receiving an unconditional offer letter
- Candidates should be intending to pursue research in one of the priority academic areas identified by the CSC. However, applicants to other study/research areas will also be considered. The supported academic areas are also subject to the availability of relevant programmes of study at University of Warwick.
Applying to CSC
Students applying to CSC will need a letter from the University, stating that they can be considered for the award. To receive the letter please complete this form. Letters will be sent to students in February.
Any questions? eastasia at warwick dot ac dot uk