The University of Warwick helps to support international students in their knowledge and understanding of the English language. Through the Centre for Applied Linguistics, the language support is divided into several main strands:
- Pre-sessional English language - this is a ten or six week intensive English course which takes place during the university's summer vacation.
- Year-round Pre-sessional English programme - starts from October 2017, offering five different phases covering Autumn, Spring and Summer terms and a choice of 6 or 10 weeks the following Summer vacation.
- In-sessional English classes - language classes, and other means of support, offered to students registered at the University of Warwick during term time only.
- Undergraduate Diploma in English Language, Media & Intercultural Communication - this is for 10 weeks and is for students who are studying on undergraduate programmes in their home countries.
- Learning English on-line - these web pages have been designed to offer you help, advice and practice in developing your English language skills on your own
- Programme in English for Postgraduate Studies - a full time language improvement programme for graduates.