- Ranked 6th in the UK in the Complete University Guide 2017, we are renowned both nationally and internationally for innovative and intensive teaching and research, and have a strong record of securing funding. We have particular strengths in visual and material culture, the ancient economy, Greek poetry, ‘silver’ Latin literature, and the history of medicine.
- Ranked 8th in the UK in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, 80% of our staff research was rated 4-star (world-leading) or 3-star (internationally excellent). Our research interests embrace a wide range of classical disciplines from literature, history and material culture to philosophy and thought, and we share interests with other Warwick departments like Philosophy, History, the Centre for Renaissance Studies, and History of Art. We also have research collaborations with other universities in the UK and internationally.
- Our high staff-to-student ratio means that if you are studying a taught course, you will benefit from more individual contact time with academics. But whether you’re studying for a taught MA, research MA or PhD, you’d be joining a vibrant and friendly postgraduate community.
- In the 2014 GEMS career destination survey for Warwick graduates, 100% of Classics postgraduates surveyed had secured employment.
Our graduates — destinations include:
- British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow, Oxford
- University Lecturer, Beirut, Lebanon
- Fast-track civil service
- Publishing Editor, Taylor and Francis
- Curator, Cambridge Museum of Classical Archaeology