Areas for PhD supervision: The IER research team brings together a breadth of research and labour market expertise from a variety of disciplines. We would be interested in supervising research students in:
- employer behaviour; globalisation and labour markets;
- human resources in local and regional development;
- labour market assessment and forecasting;
- careers; apprenticeships, work based learning and training;
- green skills and sustainable jobs;
- the graduate labour market;
- gender and the labour market;
- socio-economic and demographic change and the labour market;
- job quality and innovation;
- welfare and public policy.
For more information on individual researchers, see: www.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/ier/people/
We also offer a joint PhD in Employment Research with our partner institution Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. For more information visit www.warwick.ac.uk/monashjointphds
Duration: Full-time: 3-4 years or Part-time: 7 years
Entry Requirements: 2:i undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and a postgraduate qualification in the social sciences. Previous studies should have included training in social science methodology.
English Language: IELTS 7.0
Location of Study: The University of Warwick. Students may need to carry out fieldwork off-site, depending on the research topic.
MPhil / PhD
Home/EU: £4,191 per year (estimated)
Overseas: £16,230 per year (estimated)
Home/EU: £2,515 per year (estimated)
Overseas: £9,738 per year (estimated)
Find out more about Fees and Funding