Support to achieve your goals
Your career path is unique to you. Our Student Careers team and Skills & Student Development team encourage you to make the very most of your time at Warwick: develop your skills, think about your career, get experience and, crucially, understand how these activities support your employability so that you can tell your story to employers. They will help you to start thinking about your career aspirations from the moment you begin your degree, offering advice and manageable goals at key stages throughout your time at Warwick so you can draw the most value from your student experience.
How to Get Ahead encourages you to start thinking about your career aspirations from the moment you start your degree so that you can draw the most value from your entire student experience. It enables you to develop employability skills through academic and extra-curricular activities by offering advice and manageable goals at key stages throughout your time at Warwick. Crucially, it also helps you to understand how these activities support your employability so that you can tell your story to employers.
Student Careers and Skills can support you at any point in your degree and after graduation, providing:
- Detailed guidance from departmental careers consultants with an in-depth understanding of their particular subject
- Help with job applications and interview practice
- Both face-to-face and online courses to help develop your skills, including leadership, enterprise and communication
- Contact with a wide range of leading and niche employers through careers fairs, employer presentations and workshops
- Support with placements and internship opportunities
- Access to the Experience Pool, with 8,000+ on campus work experience opportunities (including voluntary and paid work)
- News of graduate-level vacancies with over 3,000 employers across all job sectors
- Access to Warwick’s paid Graduate Internship Scheme, which provides extra support for those looking for their first step on the career ladder