Support to achieve your goals
It’s not just a case of ticking boxes on your CV. Your career path is unique to you, which is why our Student Careers and Skills team has developed My Warwick Journey to help you develop your skills, think about your career and get experience.
How to Get Ahead encourages you to start thinking about your career aspirations from the moment you start your degree so that you can draw the most value from your entire student experience. It enables you to develop employability skills through academic and extra-curricular activities by offering advice and manageable goals at key stages throughout your time at Warwick. Crucially, it also helps you to understand how these activities support your employability so that you can tell your story to employers.
You can access a range of support services from Student Careers and Skills at any point in your degree and for up to three years after graduation, including:
- Detailed guidance from departmental careers consultants with an in-depth understanding of their particular subject
- Personalised help with job applications and mock interviews
- Both face-to-face and online courses to help develop your skills, including leadership, enterprise and communication
- Contact with a wide range of leading and niche employers through careers fairs, employer presentations and workshops
- Support with placements and internship opportunities
- News of graduate-level vacancies with over 3,000 employers across all job sectors
- Warwick’s paid Graduate Internship Scheme, which provides extra support for those looking for their first step on the career ladder.